Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I stumbled across a nice little challenge about a week ago and decided to pull the trigger. Bike was turned ass over tea kettles by someone who had no idea what they are capable of. A little over 10,000 miles and no structural damage and runs. All the plastic and controls are trashed. Gas tank might be able to be repaired and covered with a plastic cover. Am I crazy or am I crazy?!?

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I stumbled across a nice little challenge about a week ago and decided to pull the trigger. Bike was turned ass over tea kettles by someone who had no idea what they are capable of. A little over 10,000 miles and no structural damage and runs. All the plastic and controls are trashed. Gas tank might be able to be repaired and covered with a plastic cover. Am I crazy or am I crazy?!? View attachment 64920
Where did you get the side fairing and bottom belly fairing

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought a full set from abs fairings out of Florida. If you want to wait till June a handful of places out of China will eventually ship.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I’m an insurance agent and I’m 50 miles away from our home office and claims yard. They had a tl1000r and I was able to get in and snag a few parts off it as it is headed to the shredder. HUGE BONUS!!!! Got all the busted junk off the front end. Throttle cables are trash so I am pulling the tank and air box off tomorrow and taking the opportunity to put new plugs in. Ordered new plastic today bike is going from yellow to blue black and silver.

·
Registered
516 Posts
What a waste that it had to be shredded.... "They had a tl1000r and I was able to get in and snag a few parts off it as it is headed to the shredder. "

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What a waste that it had to be shredded.... "They had a tl1000r and I was able to get in and snag a few parts off it as it is headed to the shredder. "
The motor was outside the right side of the frame. It was pretty bad. I’m shocked someone had collision protection on it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tear down is complete and all the parts are ordered. Changed the spark plugs today (burned up and nasty) and put the controls back on. New throttle cables should be getting installed Tuesday, Tank will be stripped, primed and ready for repair this week. Might get fired up by the end of the week.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update the challenge is coming along nicely. Front controls are back on, air box is back in place the fuel tank is blasted and primed. Dents will be pulled to get it back into shape this week. Oil changed and the bike turned over. The heat box does not seem to be cooperating. It will not shift out of neutral into second gear. Need to ID the ripped wires for front turn signals and high beam light. Waiting on plastics and we should be in business.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts