TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well after reading the threads chuck started about his slash cut exhaust well i was more that excited to get this done, something about the clean rear end :laugh turns me on........i have never heard anything like it, it sounds absolutley amazing, not harley like not chopper like, not like a I4 with no cans. it sounds like a fire breathing monster ready to run you the F over if you dont get out of the way here are a few pictures of my bike with recently slashed exhaust. the weight saving is very noticeable and a slight kick in the pants along with a yosh box adjustment, its just what she needed.....damn you winter damnnnnnnn you:banghead

excuse the nekedness, she has been undressed while i have been tending to some minor fluid leaks, she'll be all buttoned up by tomorrow night, gotta get the generator cover leak and a new crush washer and fully clothed she will be,

·
Registered
11,001 Posts

·
Registered
11,001 Posts

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Wish we could do that sort of thing in australia, id come out of my driveway and have 3 cop cars surrounding the place guns drawn :banghead . Meanwhile the neighbours could be getting robbed and they wouldnt care :coocoo

Got a sound clip of it? :devious

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Wish we could do that sort of thing in australia, id come out of my driveway and have 3 cop cars surrounding the place guns drawn :banghead . Meanwhile the neighbours could be getting robbed and they wouldnt care :coocoo

Got a sound clip of it? :devious
I thought you were in the UK when I read this. Don't tell me the rest of the world is going the same way as this crap can:banghead
Where will we all emigrate to?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it was pretty late last night but today when i get outta work ill be gettin some better pics and some videos of it, unfortunetly it was 70 degrees two days ago and today they are sayin 32 and snow :( damn

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
did u use anything to baffle the exhaust note?? other than that chop the exhaust heat shield gaurd mounts that would clean the rear up..id recommend leave the mount for exhaust incase u ever decide to switch back

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah Evil i used the slip in baffles from jcwhitney, they work pretty good to take the nasty rasp out of the exhaust tone, as far as heat sheilds, they are off already and the exhaust mounts are staying in case i do go full system some time down the road......but the baffles are in and they help quite a bit

·
Registered
926 Posts
just picked up a set of yoshi mid pipes off of crashtd to try this mod out. just need to order up the baffles. dont wat to chop up my full system in case I want to go back.
can't wait to hear what it sounds like.:devious
Looks great BTW:thumbup

·
Registered
871 Posts
Ok....next chance i get i'm doin' it!:rant

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
honestly i was pretty hessitant about doing this but since doing it im glad i did and kinda upset i waited so long, wasted good riding time. and if we didnt get hammered tonight by the snow storm i woulda gotten some good sound clips, maybe tomorrow ill get out while its sunny and get some videos of it any requests from anyone that wants specific shots/videos lemme know ill be glad to help out

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
I was going to do this with the TLS but have it out a bit straighter along the bottom like my cousin did on his Kawasaki ZX900.

The TLS would have been tits-up with the gold front gsxr forks, street fighter design with the exhaust mounted flush to each side of the motor.

:cheers

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
WOOO HOOO!!! You sick bastard. The roads will never be the same!

Nice work. Bike looks BAD ASS. After a few weeks of riding it like that you will know that there is no going back. Completly transforms the bike. I agree, the bike is much more nimble without the weight of the cans (very noticeable). It is soo great how the guys who just spent $14K on a brand new cookie cutter rocket drool over the TL all slashed up.

For all you who haven't done it, you have to try it, you have no idea what you are missing.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
i want to hear it. PLEASE POST CLIPS either mp3 or video. whichever.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Chuck, did you get a remap since the slash? If not, what map are you running? I just did it. Sounds great! I am currently running the M4 full system, air box lid off map. What do you guys think as far as maps go? Anyone have one for me to try?:devious

·
Registered
871 Posts
No, I just went with a new engine :laugh

I plan to map it with the Yosh...
how's the bike comming chuck? Engine in yet, up and running?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts