TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My exhaust was starting to show it's age so I figured since it is a custom job, it might be a good idea to buy some longevity for it. I was skeptical about using Jethot after the experience Riddick had last year but as you will see from the "before" pics, something had to be done. So I decided to just do it and went with the standard "Sterling" coating as oposed to the "2000" coating that ruined Riddick's system.

It came out flawless and everything fit back together without issue.

Pics

Before

After

:devious

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
WOW! so what did it cost...???...?

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
looks the biz :thumbup

you will be happy how well it holds up.

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Yup, I was pretty much scared off after Riddick's experience. Glad to see it worked out nicely for you.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I had my new M4 system done 2 years ago, very happy with the results. If I used them again, (I also used the sterling finish) I would have then refrain from coating the connection areas.
Made separating my rears from the main header a little tough after the system was installed for a while.
Other than that, I have no complaints.
Ken

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...glad it worked out for you, I too was scared off after Riddick's troubles - maybe its time to do another GB and I'll coordinate it for the Japan guys:devious...

Only think is, that would have been a PITA if they had F'd it up as you have a custom system - again, glad it worked out:thumbup

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Sweet:thumbup

What's the lambda sensor for?

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Nice. Mine is actually out with a local company right now, should be back any day. wasn't all that bad, but I had to take the exhaust off to get the swingarm off....and can't put back on a dingy exhaust!

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
:bling

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
...glad it worked out for you, I too was scared off after Riddick's troubles - maybe its time to do another GB and I'll coordinate it for the Japan guys:devious...

Only think is, that would have been a PITA if they had F'd it up as you have a custom system - again, glad it worked out:thumbup
I might be interested if I knew what it was :laugh

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
I might be interested if I knew what it was :laugh
...its a ceramic coating that protects the pipes and reduces the heat (like heat wrap) but it doesn't break down and rust out your pipes like wrap...

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
ya tlrman where the hell you been hiding? on some gay ninja board? :laugh nice to see you! Curt that exhaust looks MUCH better now man, im glad it went right on yours!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Work has been very busy I still read the boards from time to time. The Kawi is doing well but I did not get much time off this past Summer to ride.

Lance Seattle

1 - 20 of 22 Posts