TLZone Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with Jensen a/v head units?

They just got a bunch of them on base for what looks to be a fair price - compared to the deals on ebay, etc... and I'm looking for something that will work ok for my convertible...

TIA, please post up what you know.
V/r,
bx-459

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Jensen is not one of the "top" brands out, but they have been around for a LOOONG time. If the price is right and it provides what you're looking for, I would get it.

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
...the model is the UV7i - its a tuner/DVD/MP3 head unit with a 7 inch motorized screen and it includes the iPod direct adapter for $299...

I need the 1 DIN size for my car and this fit the bill...

I like the fact that its the first radio I've come across that can be used with US/Europe or Asia radio freq's - it also says you can hook up a GPS to it but I can't find info on the model number they quote any where (including the Jensen/Audiovox web site:banghead)...

Thanks for the input so far guys:thumbup

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
...first I have to find out how much the GPS option is:banghead...

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
...its just an old eunos roadster...

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
I was gonna respond with a yes .......... 'cos I had a '67 Mk1 interceptor with a hemi engine and 2 4 choke carter carbs ........ then I saw you were on about a sterio :banghead :laugh :laugh

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sweet--I have a '98 (first year of the 2nd-gen).
...when I said old, I meant it - its a '93 - first year auto (for the wife) but at least its got the 1.8 ltr engine...

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I had a '94 back in HI, and loved it. Really fun cars, run forever, go like stink around corners.
...first time I drove it all I could think of was those 20 hp go karts I used to love driving on the "slick" tracks at the beach:thumbup

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts