TLZone Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we did a show in lynchberg 2 years ago and i took the tour of the distillery i would highly recomend it if you ever get to that area

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hahahhahahha

ya streak should get down there i didnt have my bike with me but there are some bad ass roads around there!!!!!!!

·
I was cumstein21
1,805 Posts
:drool Did they have samples :devious

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no its a dry county.............you can make and buy, it there you just cant drink it:D and no alcohol sales on sunday.......

they do this thing called "faning the lid" tho and i tell you what if you are stuffed up you wont be after youtake a wiff

·
Registered
677 Posts
I never did understand the whole "dry county" thing down there in TN. Friends of mine have a cottage in the mountains there and it's a Dry County as well. Is that just a town bi-law or something? What happens if you are caught drinking there?

·
No Likey No Spiders
6,412 Posts
BouncerTLR said:
I never did understand the whole "dry county" thing down there in TN. Friends of mine have a cottage in the mountains there and it's a Dry County as well. Is that just a town bi-law or something? What happens if you are caught drinking there?

You get fined and or go to jail, but only if you are outside the confines of your own home, ie - no drinking in public.

The town I live in has been dry since it's inception about 150 years ago. It just went wet last December, seems they were losing over $100,000 a month in revenue to bordering towns.

You should have seen the churches crying over that.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its a county thing, when i was down there the guy who was putting on the rally told us that the local cops would let it pass as long as you were not acting like a drunkin fool and had your drink in like a non see thru glass. but he did say once the state cops got there dont get caught.........

·
Moderator,
2,701 Posts
its the people that live in the area that keep it dry. There are areas up here that arent dry and you cant buy alcohol. The local churches get together at the city council meeting and knock vote to their favor every time someone applies for a license to sell alcohol.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I guess Dry city/county means something a little different in TX.

In a dry city, you can't purchase alcohol or beer from a store (convenience or liquor store) but you can consume alcohol at restaraunts or bars. There are some places that require a "private membership" to consume, but that usually is just an extra $5 or something.
A wet city allows the sales of alcohol in stores.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts