TLZone Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone interested in my IXIL Kevlar/carbon weave bolt-on cans?
Straight through race cans, very strong but not as light weight as you might think they should be....

They have not had many outings and are in good nick, hangers included. Four bolt fixing plate included as well as the 3 bolt for 'busa's and Sv's (I think).

I have had the badging changed so there are no "not for road use" markings on them - or any other markings.

I noticed that one type of badging said nothing and the other was clearly marked "not for road use" so I wrote to IXIL and asked for a new set of badges. New ones turned up and bingo! 2 rivets later and no incriminating writing on the cans....:devious

I am looking for £200 (ONO) plus shipping/postage/etc....

·
Premium Member
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They do look pretty cool. Do they look that green in person?
At a glance they do............. then as you look more the gold / kharki colour of the kevlar asserts its self more and more.

·
Premium Member
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bump

·
Premium Member
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IMO they have a deep agreeable tone that is loud but not loud enough to have plod target you all the time. They are loud as in top end of ducati loud in normal use. They do produce a pulse that other riders can feel when following "normally" behind you.
When you get the chance to open the bike up on open roads they can be loud but not as loud as you would think they should be. Blip the throttle and people will look, rev it in an enclosed carpark and you can set off car alarms.

They are not ear-splitting loud and in a poll of noise making at the BMF shows I would place them behind Gazza - !st, Renagades, followed in no particular order by Bouncer, Tankslappa's trike, Jugulator, Billy TLR, Sam's, Jagboy and one or two others.

So to round up, they are attention seeking but not "what the f**k was that" -- why?, you interested?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a wierd attraction to them but am unsure of the colour !!!!!

I'll keep an eye on em and a good think.....

Cheers for reply and comparison !!!

·
Premium Member
6,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
these cans now sold..........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts