Discussion Starter #1
got this..

an old '88 XR600,

boy is this thing fun...:devious

just needs some tlc...

·
Registered
8,263 Posts
Never had the pleasure of one of those, what are they like dude, you pick it up cheap ?
Have been thinking of picking something like that up for a bit of a giggle.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i got this dirt cheap, also converted to SM for 1300-1400, runs really good, starts in 1 kick. they aren't designed for long highway drives, its doable, but with some stops every hour or so.. not for the bike, but your butt goes numb in that time.. :D ,but for for around town.. and theres not much on these bike, so there not a lot that can break down..

took it out last sunday on a spin,.. oh man, speedbumps are fun now instead of a nightmare....

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Yeah man - crappy roads just rule now! Best road of twisties within an hour's ride has 1/2 the corners covered in ripple strips to stop the drift racers ... impossible on the TL but now, I go out prowling for sports bikes to duff up through the hairpins :D

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:D

·
Registered
151 Posts
Never had the pleasure of one of those, what are they like dude, you pick it up cheap ?
Have been thinking of picking something like that up for a bit of a giggle.
Im over at melton mowbray, pop in sometime and have a crack on mine if ya want, you will be hooked

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it sure does,,. i already had to modify the exhaust, the rear tire was hitting the exhaust can everytime when i landed ..:devious

ordered some parts for it, some other sprockets and thinking about putting on that 6-pot beringer caliper i got with it.. just need to get my hands on a 320mm disc

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Motards are the shit, I love mine, it is always most fun to ride of all the choices. I smile every time I ride it.

Reactions: herrick07

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Its fun but a bastard to start,old twin carb model converted to single carb,HRC cam/piston and runs on avgas.Forget about kick starting it,needs to be started on rollers.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
cool mike, sounds like a lot of fun..

i did some work on the old 1-cilinder..

it had a small tick, adjusted the valve's, a few weeks later it was back..

this was it..

the cam wasn't much better, 1.5mm of the lobe was gone...

so a new/used cam and a new rocker went in..

while working at it, decided the brakes needed some upgrading as well.

rear, a new disc from racedisks

front,

a Brembo 320mm disc with a 6-pot beringer caliper..

still waiting on a small plug for the left side engine cover, that broke in 3 pieces trying to get it out..

·
Registered
426 Posts
Those 6 pots look mega! Always fancied a husaberg but feared it would self destruct before i got down the road

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
this caliper is actually a unit from Beringer, but it has Husaberg engraved on it..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts