TLZone Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a K6 GSXR 1000 for a test ride today. It did all I asked - no spiting, no farting, no bitching, no fighting back.....

and

it left me cold :boring . I felt like I was riding a kitchen appliance. The old TLR bitches and moans and needs a good slap around occasionally, but she's ruined me for any other :coocoo.

I recon it's like the difference between Paris Hilton and Pink, Hilton lying there star fish style, or Pink, who at any stage is just as likely to kick you in the nuts.

Guess I like the danger :devious

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Yup ... character. What any REAL rider looks for in a bike.
Like the Pink quote though :laugh As my buddy dodgy-Ed would say "Like sticking it in the wife then slapping her on the ass & saying 'your mother was a better lay'" ;)

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
ive tried newer bikes gixxers and the like my self they are just to tame compred to the TL i like the tl coz i gota respect it and if i dont it bites me back its a bike that when i ride it i scare myself at least once and i allways get off it smiling i could never replace it till it stops doing that.

·
Registered
906 Posts

Says it all.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I've read that the RSV is a bit like the TL's as well. Lots of work, but likes to be collared and slapped around, and will take it all while pushing you faster....

I love my TL because people know it as the "bike that spits people off", and I can hop on and keep up with any of their newer equipment....riding schools are a god-send.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Felt the same when I tested a guzzi le mans back when I had the 600f4i. The Honda felt like riding air on the way home. No fun..
On the way home today the TL decided it wanted to tip in more around a corner and who was I to disagree.
Can't wait to get on the track and see what it can do :)

·
Registered
647 Posts
Well ..... i offered to do the winter service for my step-sons '05 GSXR 600, and rode it back to his house ... about 8 miles away when done. I wish it had been a 108 mile trip! The thing pulls the front end up without even trying, and it will go around a corner on thought input alone. It is fantastically fast and corners effortlessly. I'm glad i don't own one 'cuz i'd be either dead or in jail. 'Nuf said?

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
I was a slow rider on the TLS, I'm a slow rider on the GSXR, I just do it a lot faster :laugh

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
:laugh

I like the TL and have no need for more performance. I suspect my next bike will actually be a bit slower - probably a Vstrom, tiger, XB12X or something of that nature....The TL won't be going anywhere though:)

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Loved my TL on the road. But on the track I needed a scalpel for the corners instead of a hammer.

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
The I4's just have a different kind of character. In stock form as I rode my new FZ-1 home, I really regretted selling the TLS. The FZ felt like a characterless blender.

Now, with a PCIII installed, the airbox hogged out and an Ivan's Performance gadget called a "fuel cut eliminator" which also more aggressively opens the secondary butterflies, it truly is a different bike. It is pulls smoothly and hard enough below 4,000 to out pace traffic and just plain hard from 5,000 on. I would even say the new FZ, which hits 100 hp at 7 grand after mods, has equal power to my old TLS from 6k to 8K rpm where the TLS was at it's best, and of course after 8 grand, forget about it. The new bike is scary fast and it feels it too, with the upright ergos. It makes around 135 hp now and should hit high 140's with the full system. The stock pipe has 2 cats in it which significantly reduce the top end.

Of course it does not sound like the TLS, but an uncorked 4 has appeal too, with a turbine like wind up that never seems to end. It is glassy smooth and shifts better as the revs rise. It encourages me to flog it hard. Of course this generates go to jail speed. Fortunately, I have lots of remote roads nearby. The new bike carves sharp and stable. The TLS was always had a hint of flightiness when pushing hard, even with a lot of money spent on suspension.

The new bike will be complete when the Akra full system arrives :devious It is also ergonomically comfy for me in a way the TLS never could be, no matter what I did to it. Even with the stock pipe, it sounds pretty good, thanks mostly to the opened up air box. What a melodious intake sound when the revs cross 7.

I loved my TLS. I love my FZ. It is like blondes and brunettes I guess. The TLS was a party girl blonde I dated for a summer years ago. She had big hips and boobs and she liked to eat junk food, get drunk and then get seriously rowdy in the sack :hail She was not terribly sophisticated and her life was a bit out of control to put it kindly, but she sure was fun.

The new FZ is like the sophisticated brunette with the high powered job and the organized well put together life who likes to be wooed with a nice dinner and some conversation first. Honestly, I can't say I ever dated one of those. No wonder I loved my TLS for 8 years. I related to it so well :laugh

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
The TLS was a party girl blonde I dated for a summer years ago. She had big hips and boobs and she liked to eat junk food, get drunk and then get seriously rowdy in the sack :hail

Now there's some good signature material!:laugh

·
Registered
123 Posts
I've read that the RSV is a bit like the TL's as well. Lots of work, but likes to be collared and slapped around, and will take it all while pushing you faster....
I've got both. The RSV can be more work in some ways, less in others. The TL has a wider powerband and you can pull out of a curve in any gear almost. The RSV requires closer gear selection in tight curves especially but it is so sweet at high RPM's. When I switch back and forth in the same day, it seems like whichever bike I am riding handles better than the one I just rode.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts