TLZone Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep i had her done, and i kinda skocked at how long it takes.
Went in at around 9.30am, where they wired up the PCIII to my bike, and by 10am we was loading her onto the dyno machine.

After the firsts runs we started with a 114.63 hp, and torque of 72.23, after 35 runs later of mapping, she come out with a 4 hp gain, giving a total of 118.33 and torque of 74.12. I tried saving the map but couldnt get it to save to my memory stick i brought, but i am in middle of making the map myself, as they printed out the figures so that i can enter them myself in the dyno software. So i currently running VPC and doing that, once i done that i upload here to you lot if anyone wants it.
I final got out from the dyno at 3.30pm, with her all ready to run home.

Well i can say its such a different bike, i thought she kick out more hp than that, but there just figures to me, the bike performs so much better, smooth all the way though all gears, and no stumbles at all.

She like a new bike now, and alot more fun, was happyly taking a good session on the way home, giving her a good thrashing, kinda went a little silly thou, and noticed i went 130 passed a police car, needless to say i carried on, and turned off the next junction. Think i was lucky there as lost him real quick as traffic was around on most lanes.

Well only thing now i noticed that the clutch is starting to slip a little now, guess she cant handle the difference now.

Overall time was great thou, she runs loads better, goes alot smoother, and pulls more than a fright train now. Cant wait now to get the wife on the back :p.

Was able to get more torque from her than hp, could see the hp drop on some runs and torque gain instead, guess its ok, thats what i wanted.

Anyways it was a well spent time, and well worth a day there.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...your lucky, here in Japan they want to keep your ride for a week and map it over several days due to the constantly changing weather...

·
Who loves you
3,370 Posts
Just remember that every dyno is going to read different. They are nearly useless for comparing bikes to each other if they were run on different dyno's. You may go put your bike on another dyno and hit 125 with it. They are really just for getting a baseline and then doing comparisions on mods.

Just ask Steve how many Steve Powers his TLS made. :lol

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
wow, clutch slipping even with the barnett springs? try adjusting the worm drive...plus I've had problems with golden spectro blend causing a slip so I only use motul full synth.

mine will finally getting it's own map after I'm done with vavles, tps, synch, repack cans..and anything else maintenance related.

4 hp seems about right though from what I've heard from a friend that has a shop.

I believe the shop I'm taking mine too charges 200 dollars.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damn that sucks loads, i know the owner of the shop so there really good to me with allowing me to watch and help out with playing with there toys :) Just a shame its a distance to travel, wish they where more local to me so i could have all the bike services with them also, but is a good idea to do it on different days to get a all round figure thou.

...your lucky, here in Japan they want to keep your ride for a week and map it over several days due to the constantly changing weather...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Where did you take it, and what did they charge? (I'm interested coz we are in the same area and I want to compare to my local Dyno place).

Doc

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yer very true there, i not to bother about the final figures to much, as the bike runs so well, did another 100 mile trip today with the wife on the back, even she noticed the difference, that makes a change ah! :p
Be easy now to make excuses for new parts now :p Na i lucky there she cool with me spending on her. The bike that is.

Just remember that every dyno is going to read different. They are nearly useless for comparing bikes to each other if they were run on different dyno's. You may go put your bike on another dyno and hit 125 with it. They are really just for getting a baseline and then doing comparisions on mods.

Just ask Steve how many Steve Powers his TLS made. :lol

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its costs a total of £380 for the PCIII and the custom map which took around 5 hours to do.

Doc >- Try double take for local southhampton dyno, costs a bit more thou i was quoted.

how much did it cost?
Where did you take it, and what did they charge? (I'm interested coz we are in the same area and I want to compare to my local Dyno place).

Doc

1 - 10 of 10 Posts