TLZone Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
presenting: trailside timmy, the worlds worst snowman!

created by my own fair hands on our ride this morning:laugh

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Sweet:thumbup

I remember winter rides when I first got my pro-flex. The elastomer forks got really stiff in sub freezing weather:doh How times have changed in terms of suspension tech huh?

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
one of the mods for a raleigh activator was to microwave the elastomer to make it softer!
more pics..

that's frenchie, there'll be some cheesy pics of me later when i get hold of his memory card...

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
NIce pics, I'll be indoors playing video games this winter as much as possible.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Looks like great fun:thumbup

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
Which reminds me that my fork is in desperate need of service... It's sticky and one of the seals is gone. And the rear shock SPV is acting weird and needs service. Drivetrain is gone. Front wheel bearings are gone.

But these pics are motivating! Looks very nice. Do you ride with spiked tires later in the winter?

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Which reminds me that my fork is in desperate need of service... It's sticky and one of the seals is gone. And the rear shock SPV is acting weird and needs service. Drivetrain is gone. Front wheel bearings are gone.

But these pics are motivating! Looks very nice. Do you ride with spiked tires later in the winter?
nah, the amount of snow we get doesn't make it necessary for spikes

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
snow and bare legs burrrrrrr chilly

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
What are those brakes? Shimano Saint?

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
:hail Respect Phil , where were the pic's taken :O :)

·
Moderator,
5,038 Posts
OMG, you are a nutter, I have been kitchen fitting all weekend, I'm envious of you, still not long till Micky and I go out, don't think there will be snow though

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OMG, you are a nutter, I have been kitchen fitting all weekend, I'm envious of you, still not long till Micky and I go out, don't think there will be snow though
would you be up for riding in january? i'm on leave and i'm bringing the bike home so i'm thinking of going to the lake district and wales

·
Moderator,
5,038 Posts
Could be Phil, especially if it is in Wales as I am really skint at the moment and that could be done from my house, you are more than welcome to stay over, Micky could be up for a ride too :O.
When in Jan were you thinking

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
errr all of it....found out i've got 42 days leave to be used before april so i'm booking off the month

1 - 20 of 20 Posts