TLZone Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Who loves you
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the new grocery getter, just picked it up on the 16th.

2005 Dodge Magnum R/T, 15,000 on the clock, FUN car.

Yep, it's got a Hemi in it. 345hp 5.7 liter, can we say take my license occifer...

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Cool Stuff:thumbup

My dad has a durango with the 5.7 dodge "hemi" motor, amazingly smooth - feels nothing like a dodge:lol Gas mileage isn't even bad for a V8 truck - he averages ~20mpg.

have fun with it:banana

·
I was Ukgixxerman
2,072 Posts
:drool:drool love your car,realy nice,i'd love a blast in that:thumbup

·
Who loves you
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool, ya keeping the Trailblazer too? One fast v8 cage wasn't enough huh?
I believe you have me confused for Bernie, I had a Durango not a Trailblazer SS. The Durango was the 4.7 V8 and I hated it...16mpg and my big ass Ram 1500 4x4 was faster. This car is getting about 22mpg average.

·
Who loves you
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess you beat me to it, I see you must have remembered and edited your post. :lol

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
I believe you have me confused for Bernie, I had a Durango not a Trailblazer SS. The Durango was the 4.7 V8 and I hated it...16mpg and my big ass Ram 1500 4x4 was faster. This car is getting about 22mpg average.
lol, yep at first for some reason I thought you were burn, I was like :dowhat I thought he was a die-hard GM guy:confused then I went back and looked and was like :doh

Anyway, have fun with the cage. I drove a 4.7 durango once and it did seem a dog, the dodge website even says it gets worse mileage than the 5.7 too. The 5.7 durango moves out quite well, I was impressed. I'm sure the car is even quicker. Its got a 5.7 right?

·
Super Mod,
3,568 Posts
:laugh

Mines bigger :devious

Those things are too cool. Nice score Dave. :)

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
I like those cars but I want the sedan version. Of course I won't be getting one anytime soon.

My brother-n-law and sister just went to Kentucky for Christmas and they had trouble while going out there "something with the axle" It's twice that has happen dam chevy's, malibu. I forget the year. Payoff was $6600.00 and they got a 2004 white ford freestyle. Looks nice, a cross between a van and an suv. The dealer game them 5800.00 on trade IIRC. I would have went with something like you did if I was buying another ride. :hail

I think it was around 20-21K after the deal was done. They have a nice ride but I like yours better. It would have matched my x TLS pretty good.

·
Retired Admin
1,766 Posts
Congrats! As much as I hate the idea of driving a station wagon, I must admit the Magnum is damn good looking car that would fill my needs perfectly. It's on the list of possibilities for my next ride.:)

If only you could get one with a stick. :(

·
Registered
871 Posts
love the magnum and the charger. I bet that thing is fast as hell and pulls for days!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
new car

Hey,

Nice new purchase, it's cool that dodge is bringing horsepower back to american cars. I saw some where that there is a supercharger kit for the car. I think that it is vortech based.

Have fun

Nicholas

·
Who loves you
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Congrats! As much as I hate the idea of driving a station wagon, I must admit the Magnum is damn good looking car that would fill my needs perfectly. It's on the list of possibilities for my next ride.:)

If only you could get one with a stick. :(
You must do it Mark, pull the trigger! I see you as an SRT-8 guy though, 425hp stock. :drool

BTW, nice to see you sir! Merry Christmas!

·
Who loves you
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
love the magnum and the charger. I bet that thing is fast as hell and pulls for days!!!!!!!!!!!
I really like it too, and it does have some grunt. I had a bit of fun this morning with an older Mustang LX 5.0, it sounded good...but not good enough. :lol

I will say this, the car has no sound. It will be getting a cat back exhaust soon and a CAI too. Then maybe a programmer. :devious

·
Who loves you
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
BTW, I can't believe no one has realized there is something missing from this engine bay....

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
This car is sell in Spain under the Chrysler brand.... It's just the Chrysler C 300 .... with a Mercedes Benz diesel engine of course.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
BTW, I can't believe no one has realized there is something missing from this engine bay....
Battery - check
Air box - check
coolant tank - check
radiator - well you can see the hoses going to it..
umm, engine - looks to be under the big plastic thing:lol
washer fluid tank - check
abs crap - check
power steering tank - check

I'm sure there's something totaly obvious but I can't see it:confused Perhaps a TLZ sticker or super charger?

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
The battery isn't that thing near the washer fluid filler cap? I just figured it was a battery box of some sort - but now looking back at it, I guess it might be the computer or something:confused

Battery under the seat or somewhere like that? I worked on a bently once that had the battery under the back seat and most BMW's have them in the trunk.....

·
Registered
676 Posts
I think they locate the battery in the trunk on those dodge / chrysler models.

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
awesome cage Dave :thumbup but this is the Bike Pictures forum :rant

:laugh

1 - 20 of 35 Posts