TLZone Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know, itll be nice the day i'll be able to post a new thread without having problems!
anyway it goes like this....
thought id cured the electrical gremlins on my tls....
then found that if i gave the main harness a wobble (as it pass's the rear tank mount r/h side) it blows the instrument fuse (15a)
after stripping the outer back i find the feed wire to the horn, ind relay, brake lamp switchs is burnt.
trouble is, so far i can't see why! (or what it was shorting against on bike!)
any ideas before i attempt to repair the loom/buy second hand?
also is it normal to have scotch-lock type terminals spliced to my ecu wires?

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...post a pic of those, I thought there were only crimp connections on our wire harnesses?...

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
oh dear. thought you'd sorted it dude.:O

·
Moderator,
8,244 Posts
Yuou might check for corrosion in any plastic connectors downstream of the burnt insulation. High resistance at a corroded connection would heat up the wiring.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jagboy1 said:
oh dear. thought you'd sorted it dude.:O
i wish! its as if my poor little tl doesn't want anybody else to own it! It even resented my missus being on the back by doing 12oclock anticks! (power surges previously mentioned)
i really don't want to break her but shes breaking me!!! (the tl not the missus!)
If another loom and ancillary overhall doesn't cure it, i will break the bike! Just in case i do, anybody interested in a fresh rebuilt engine? 200 miles since new rings, shells, g/box brgs, cam chains etc....

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bx-459 said:
...post a pic of those, I thought there were only crimp connections on our wire harnesses?...
iam trying to post a pic but the file size is too big? how do i cut its size?

·
Registered
1,605 Posts

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
They shouldn't be there.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
i wonder iff it had tecnolusion box on it before you have owned it i no they cut into the wire's near the ecm

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
could this be why i had running problems before that other wire fried itself?
it used to have an alarm, shift light, gear indicator etc. all removed by previous owner/idiot!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
depends how much i can get another loom for, or how much interest in the rest of the parts (bike broken) the engine was built using genuine suzy parts (inc £175 gskt set!) and owes me close to £500! (receipts upon request)
either way i need to sell my tl (comp or in bits) and need to make as close to the £1300 that it owes me as i have bought an 05 sv1000!
i am open to negotiations so if theres enuff guarantied interest i will break the bike

1 - 14 of 14 Posts