·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some visual aids for the CO crowd :)

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
So I was in Southern CA for business last week. Stayed at my buddy's house and spent some time riding his Husky 510 SMR. Never have I had so much fun in a parking lot on a motorcycle. I may never master "backing it in" but I sure have stepping it out dialed :devious What a engine. The ass dyno registers a solid 60hp and it has a ravenous appetite for revs. It is light, it is well made and it is beautiful. If the kart track near me allows motards on it someday, I need one. As if that was not enough, I spent yesterday cruising around on the Husky and my buddy's uber cool '72 Moto Guzzi.

I also rode N2Wheelies SV650, which was immensely fun. His standard no fairing SV, with Leo Vince pipe, has nearly vibration less and strong power, does sick wheelies and is a hoot to ride. I can see why the SV650 is so highly thought of. Moving on, I also rode the "KX of Death". It has a very good clean running KX500 motor (beefed out to 550cc) in it. As sick as it sounds, the bike is surprisingly ridable with a respectful throttle hand. Jab it and it will swat you. Roll it on and sick wheelies are all too easy. John shot some video, I will edit it and post up when I get it :)

Finally, I took a spin on what should be called the "TLS of Death". John's TLS has all the Art Davis goodies in it's 140 some odd hp engine, and of course Long Beach sits at sea level, so it was in full form. Holy crap. Wind on the throttle and the bike, with it's longer swingarm, carries a low wheelie and shoots forward like it has been rear ended by a bus. No "rubber band" or "hydraulic" nature to the power, nope. Rear ended by a bus is more like it. Loved riding that thing.

Despite the nature of the business (court trial, grilled on the stand for 1.5 days) I had a great time. Thanks guys :hail Vid to follow :)

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh yeah duke, that was super fun. :banana and for you folks who have never ridden with duke, he loves to wheelie and is good at it. i only wish i had taken a shot of him with sv wheel sailing and the givi case on back :laugh

now i know how much of an geek i look like. laugh

·
5,503 Posts

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Sweet. What is the seat height like on that SM? I wussed when I had a chance to ride the KX. Ahem, nice clothes and all...didn't want to ruin them :uhoh

Anyhow, got a pic of the Guzzi? It's a beauty... show everyone what a real cruiser looks like. :D That 34 year old bike with drum brakes will outhandle most modern cruisers (only because of reasonable clearance.) I know because I have one.

·
5,503 Posts
Sweet. What is the seat height like on that SM? I wussed when I had a chance to ride the KX. Ahem, nice clothes and all...didn't want to ruin them

Anyhow, got a pic of the Guzzi? It's a beauty... show everyone what a real cruiser looks like.
The Husky is tall. I am 6' and have a 33" inseam, and I can flat foot it at a stop, barely. The thing is super light too, it easily feels 40 pounds lighter than my DRZ.

I don't have any more pictures of the green Guzzi, but the same guy also owns this black sidecar rig too. He has so many cool old bikes :hail

That pic with me and my kid was taken awhile ago. She is 8 now :laugh

·
I was cumstein21
1,805 Posts
Very cool:thumbup

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Very cool:thumbup :clap I love the husqvarna's. I think a TE250 will probably be my next dirt bike (could be a while though as I'm pretty happy with the CR/DR combo).

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sweet where is the vid? Nice report
its being 'declassified' as we speak... :devious

its not acceptable for public consumption in its current form...

:laugh

1 - 11 of 11 Posts