TLZone Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
SQDBIKE Admin,
5,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
be glad you don't have reading like the following...

The claims on appeal are directed to processes for producing live, non-pathogenic vaccines against pathogenic RNA viruses (claims 1-10, 22-37, 40, 45, and 46), vaccines produced by these processes (claims 11, 12, 15-21, 38, and 39), and methods of using certain of these claimed vaccines to protect living organisms against RNA viruses (claims 41 and 42). Wright's specification provides a general description of these processes, vaccines, and methods of use, but only a single working example.

In this example, Wright describes the production of a recombinant vaccine which confers immunity in chickens against the RNA tumor virus known as Prague Avian Sarcoma Virus (PrASV), a member of the Rous Associated Virus (RAV) family. To produce this vaccine, Wright first identified the antigenic gene region of the genome of PrASV as being in the envelope A (env A) gene region of this virus, and then isolated and cloned a large quantity of this antigenic [**3] gene region. Following cloning, Wright introduced by transfection the cloned env A genes into C/O cells, a particular chicken embryo cell line. The C/O cells were then infected with the endogenous, non-oncogenic, O-type Rous Associated Virus (RAV-O) and incubated. Genetic recombination and viral replication occurred during incubation, resulting in an impure vaccine containing particles of the recombinant virus referred to as RAV-O Ac<n>, or RAV-O-A. n3 Wright then purified this vaccine to obtain a vaccine containing only genetic recombinant RAV-Ac<n> virus particles. The Examiner ultimately allowed claims 13, 14, 43, and 44, which are specific to the particular process and vaccine disclosed in this example.
they had me right up until they started infecting the C/O cells with the endogenous, ono-oncogenic, o-type rous associated virus...:laugh

its gonna be a long night of patent law...what are your guys' excuses for being up so late (or early as the case may be).

-:banana

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Didnt even get thru the first line :dowhat

Its all yours Crash

·
Registered
764 Posts
Damn! Do you just have to familiarize yourself with it or are you expected to know it for a test?

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
.mnvxccccccc,jjjlk;gkfdhjgkjklgjnklfsgkjgkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Damn Crash, don't do that again. That's more effective than any sleeping pill.

*runs to mirror to see if he has a K key imprint on his forehead from falling asleep on the keyboard*

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
gixxerjasen said:
.mnvxccccccc,jjjlk;gkfdhjgkjklgjnklfsgkjgkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk...
Oh...now I get it :puke

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
I read down to when "Wright" did something. He produce a vacine..PRASV. :dunno :puke

I stayed up until 4:AM last night/today playing the XBOX 360 NFSMW. I'm learning secrets with that game. :devious

Life without work is FUN. It would be better if I had consistent money coming in, able to move apart seemlessly. I'm not looking forward to going back to work.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
BOOBIES

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
WHAT? WHERE?

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Hey look everybody, Freak's here :rolleyes

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
thats just like reading dutch to me :confused

good luck man :)

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
Hey Crash, here is my practical application for ya - my day today:

I attended a deposition on a problem case today. Minor impact accident, 18 grand in chiropractic, physical therapy and "pain management" meds (paid by her auto policy, not reimbursable) and one fat (250 pounds pre-pregnancy), pathetic hormonal woman. My defense counsel did a great job of asking questions and revealing all her prior complaints that she had not admitted to earlier with medical records we obtained during discovery. She claimed, under oath, that she did not remember seeing all those doctors before the auto accident when confronted with medical records that contained admission sheets with her handwriting on them :laugh

After the lunch break, with his client looking like an idiot, I asked her attorney for a moment in his office. Behind closed doors I offered him 10 grand to settle. He is actually a good guy and understands the issues his client's case presents, and that 10 grand is pretty reasonable, all considered. He presented the offer and she breaks down into tears - she thinks her case is worth 60 grand.

Anyway, she was "too emotional" to carry on with her deposition. Her husband showed up - seems like a decent guy, he wants to settle it and move on. To be continued - up to 15K anyway.

Can't say I ever broke up a deposition before. My defense attorney was amazed - insurance adjusters usually can't be bothered to show up at depos, much less make an effort to settle the case at them. Oh well, I anticipate the case will go away in the next few days. Another dog of a file off my log. Nobody in my office moves 'em out like I do. I am earning the max for my position and unfortunately instead of a raise, I get a pat on the back and "rewarded" with more files. They actually shipped some in from another branch for me to handle to keep my numbers up, son of a bitches. The two others I work with didn't get any, just me. Oh well, I just like to do it right, or it is not worth doing.

Anyway, even at a 15K settlement, it amounts to thousands and thousands of defense costs saved as taking it to trial from here would easily cost more than that.

W

·
0 Posts
6 words, and my attention span was over :laugh

enjoy, and may you have the strength to pull this one off :devious

1 - 16 of 16 Posts