TLZone Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
SQDBIKE Admin,
5,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well its that time of the year again for us students. who's in the finals crunch? I've got the GMAT tomorrow morning (no pressure, just a test a that determines the next two years of my life), and then 2hrs later an oral argument for a CA constitutional rights case. Thursday my business school ap is due, and friday my court brief (20-30 pgs) for the same case is due...oh and then i start finals monday, ending friday (4 finals total).

:rant :fire :banghead :pissright :bawling :thumbdown :skeptic :whatsthat :doh :fooku :mad :eek:wned :scared :whipping :slaptls

who else is feeling the pain? come on, misery loves company.

-:banana

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
LSAT and law school apps in the works here. That combined with work is enough to keep me busy. On a bright note I got a 168 on my last practice test - lets hope it wasn't a fluke:D

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
I'm searching for a new job so my next two weeks determines how much money I'll have for the next year or so. Possibly none.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
school...I remember those days (most of them) :cheers :beer

·
SQDBIKE Admin,
5,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LSAT and law school apps in the works here. That combined with work is enough to keep me busy. On a bright note I got a 168 on my last practice test - lets hope it wasn't a fluke:D
168!?!?! holy shit, i hope it wasn't a fluke either! that's a monster of a score!Keep up the good work josh :thumbp I just took the GMAT, its a bad sign when you look at the first math problem (math is my stronger subject by far) and go, "shit...i don't know how to solve that" :laugh They also give you your score right there on the spot. I Did really well though, so now i'm shopping around for other schools since I should walk into PSU's program no problem. I always did want to see what stanford was all about :laugh

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Josh with that score and a GPA above a 3.76 you have a chance getting into Harvard Law. :cheers

I can't remember your GPA but if IIRC you had above a 3.76 with no problem.

Of course for GMU you're set also

Law School Lowest GPA
accepted Lowest LSAT
score accepted
George Mason University 3.21 159

WOW, I guess Law school is out for me. I would have to go back to college and raise my GPA to get in one. :banghead

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
Holy crap Crash U got the work cut out for U :banghead hope it all goes well cause U sure deserves it :thumbup

guess U wont get close to a post office for weeks :lol

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Congrats Jensen:thumbup If I do as well on the real thing as my last practice perhaps I'll join you at stanford. My GPA rocks (3.95), its just the LSAT that's a big question:banghead

Still, I shouldn't get my hopes up too high, standard devation is super high and my median is like 163......I think I'll make GMU with no problem, but I'd really like duke or UVA.....Chicago would rock too or perhaps even USC :drool

Anyhow, I still gotta write my personal statement, I hate those things, never know what to write:dowhat.

Dell, I could apply to harvard, but getting in is another thing all together. My GPA is still above their 75th percentile score but I'd need at least a 168 to have much hope I think. We'll see, fingers crossed:)

I did the oposite of you when I took the GMAT - I walked in thought I did well then looked at my score and was like:banghead Its bad when your last several practice tests are in the 675 range and your actual is 625 (at least I think that's what the numbers were..... ended up not going to biz school anyway - at least not yet).

·
SQDBIKE Admin,
5,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
don't knock a 625, that's still a good score. I was hoping for atleast a 610 since that's sorta the bear min. to get in...now i'm looking at Cornell :laugh Would only really go if i can transfer the my law units and do a similar program as what I want to do here. I'd imagine with a 3.95 and an 162+ LSAT you can write your ticket anywhere you want really. Especially if you have a lot to offer outside of those parameters. I think the biggest reason I got into school (undergrad and law) was all my business work, and activities outside of school. Personal statements are the best place to showcase this, or talk about personal adversity that you've had to overcome. Its really your chance to put down on paper things that aren't on your resume or transcript, and add a personal element. I'll talk to you about mine off board if you want. :thumbup

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
JOSH if you do UVA, We will definitely hook up and go riding. Hell maybe I'll even have my basement finished for you to rent if you want. I live in the country about 6 miles from town. If you're serious about UVA as your chosen school, let me know several months ahead of time and I'll build the basement apt for you. I've wanted to do it anyways so this would motivate me even more. It's just open space right now but I plan to have a kitchen, living room, two bedrooms and a bathroom down there.

This means your have a place for your bikes too. :devious

Not a guarantee but I'd definitely try.

I wish I was as smart as you guys.

W

·
0 Posts
good luck with it crash

it's been so long i can hardly remember all the crunching i did :laugh

and stay off the zone dammit! :rant :bitchslap

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
don't knock a 625, that's still a good score. I was hoping for atleast a 610 since that's sorta the bear min. to get in...now i'm looking at Cornell :laugh Would only really go if i can transfer the my law units and do a similar program as what I want to do here. I'd imagine with a 3.95 and an 162+ LSAT you can write your ticket anywhere you want really. Especially if you have a lot to offer outside of those parameters. I think the biggest reason I got into school (undergrad and law) was all my business work, and activities outside of school. Personal statements are the best place to showcase this, or talk about personal adversity that you've had to overcome. Its really your chance to put down on paper things that aren't on your resume or transcript, and add a personal element. I'll talk to you about mine off board if you want. :thumbup

Sounds good. Ithaca is a nice place:thumbup I would like to talk personal statements sooner or later. Thanks for the info!

Hey Dell, thanks for the offer, very generous. I intend to apply to UVA and if accepted I would almost certainly go, but its rather unlikely I'll be accepted imho. You'll be needing a dirt bike if I end up down that way I think:devious

have fun

1 - 13 of 13 Posts