TLZone Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Odd and pedantic question perhaps, but I recently felt the (rare) urge to give to a charity and read about this Gift Aid system. According to the blurb, provided you're a TAX payer, you can make a donation and the receivers of your donation can then claim an additional 22%. Sounds fair, but what if you don't pay TAX for whatever reason, but you still want to use the system - can you use petrol receipts or some proof of the million other bloody ways we get taxed?

Just curious really:)

If you haven't been able to sleep lately, visit the governments page about this by clicking here.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Dunno, doubt it, probably just related to income tax.:O
Don't you pay it? How do you manage that - I thought you had a job....ahh yes, my mistake - as you said, you're just being pedantic....and odd.
I suppose we should expect it by now :laugh

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
timr said:
Dunno, doubt it, probably just related to income tax.:O
Don't you pay it? How do you manage that - I thought you had a job....ahh yes, my mistake - as you said, you're just being pedantic....and odd.
I suppose we should expect it by now :laugh
:laugh Well first of all = :fingerlol ...I'm no more odd than a Giraffe with tentacles:coocoo

and I do pay tax (sadly), but I do have friends who totally legally gets out of it while sustaining an income of 15-24k per year. One is a music teacher and because he teaches from home, he can use is full TAX reducing allowance for each room used. He chatted to the Tax man a while ago and in the end the Tax Officer said it wasn't worth filling out the forms.:dunno Lucky sod.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
My eldest has just started secondary school and the PTA have registered themselfs as a charity and are asking parents to use the Tax Gift to pay them on a monthly basis!!! It's amazing what can be registered as a charity.....Riply Rifle range (ex-forces) :dowhat Most charities want to save lives not teach peepz how to cuts others short :banghead

1 - 4 of 4 Posts