TLZone Forums banner

It just hit me! After 37 years I got to walk away for a while!

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Smelly Little Kiwi 
#1 ·
So for few years I've had sitting on the shelf some real fine bits waiting to be put to use. After selling the house just over a year ago these are now sitting in storage along with some other things costing me money. In last few months I came to a realization that (after 37 years of riding, building, racing/tracking bikes) I'm done and have been for couple of years but just don't know how to let go. I've been building and changing bikes left and right but not getting any pleasure so I'm got to take a break from motorcycles for a while and see what hat happens.

Sold all the bikes Including the TLS project that I was doing but was going to hold on to these TLR bits just in case, but in last couple of weeks decided to see if I can get a reasonable return and let go completely.
Been hanging on this stuff like my right nut lol but for right money I may let go.

Motor # 1 ... 134 hp at wheel. Lots and lots of work and goodies with about 3 races on it. I didn't build it but know the guy who did and he spent several thousand doing it.
A very special ECU. 2 maps, stock and unabtanium Yosh mapping that somehow found its way in to the ecu and dyno tuned to this motor.
Motor # 2... Stock spec rebuild balanced at 50%. About $1400 of new parts alone.
M4 full system bran new never mounted.
Penske conversion top of the line triple clicker with the right rocker arm (from Britt), bran new never mounted.
Brembo master brake and clutch used.
Set of 07 gsxr 750 forks and triples fully reworked by Thermosman never used since redone.
Some other odds and ends that are posted already.
The done up motor would have to go 1st before selling the rest of stuff but Preferably a package deal.
I will have an add up in classifieds in a day or two...

Hope I don't regret this down the road lol.

See less See more
#2 ·
ThumpinA2Z, I suppose this time comes for most of us.......sooner or later. :banghead

You have some interesting TL bits there, but nothing that I really need at the moment (though plenty I want :devious). And I certainly couldn't swing the 'package deal.' Still, I hope these parts find a good home.

Don't you have any progeny that might be interested in them? Maybe a son or grandson that you could mentor in the ways of TL-ism? :)

:cheers

#3 ·
ThumpinA2Z, I suppose this time comes for most of us.......sooner or later. :banghead

You have some interesting TL bits there, but nothing that I really need at the moment (though plenty I want :devious). And I certainly couldn't swing the 'package deal.' Still, I hope these parts find a good home.

Don't you have any progeny that might be interested in them? Maybe a son or grandson that you could mentor in the ways of TL

Lol no, I was to busy playing with bikes.

So I decided if I sell the motors than I will sell the rest. If not than I'm stuck with it and just might have to do one more build some day...

Heres the link..

http://www.tlzone.net/forums/looking-sell/152033-tlr-high-performance-motor.html

#5 ·
have been trying to send a message through this page with no luck.

that might have something to do with the post being from 2017.........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.