TLZone Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to let you know roughly, they have now posted flight details. you can book now and pay , saves any fare going up or down, it might become cheaper if you wait, it might go the other way as well. Flying Virgin Atlantic

But flight leaving on the 24th may frm melb , flying to sydney then on to some london airport, return, on the 16th June, costs a total of $2145 . if u live in sydney, it will be cheaper.
That was the first flight i found for that date, doesnt matter if its 5 weeks or 1 week, same price. it prob will be cheaper as time gets closer im sure.

so if you budget that, then get to scotland, prob via train, pick up bikes, ride down and stay at B & B's then catch ferry across, then accomodation ( some UK guys might want to share accomodation as well , a guy in the Uk says he can get a house for 10 people .) include food ( little bit) grog ( big bit) then get back up ride, fly back, then tell the missus for 3 days " what you didnt get up to" , its probably worth it.
This is just a feeler, and will plan a better itenary in due course , so we all know exact times and dates etc. just makes it easier. Print up some crappy t-shirts- " i went to the TT and all i brought back was a disease" sort of stuff...

so , whos putting there hand up....to at least try??

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Sounds like a plan :) I'll have a chat to Graham and see if the bike hire is a real option, but it would save a fair bit of travelling if could hire from London not Scotland, did you find any bike hire options there which coud be ridden to the island? Graham says hes got his C15 on the road over there :dowhat perhaps we could bolt a sidecar on ha but Moyston that might be a bit too quick for you :laugh

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
most bike hire places exclude taking bikes to the race. aka mad sunday. graham advised that if he was there , the bike shop would lend the bikes, we are no going to thrash em...
and slowly ride own from scotland...its only a wee country......

im not going to ride with graham if hes going to ride that C15......we will get stoned!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts