TLZone Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance to buy a Moto GP leather suit(retails for $1000.00) for $600.00 brand new.

Should I do it?

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
$600 is a good deal, better than anything I've seen here in Denver.

just make sure it fits you and it should fine. It's nice finding a deal isn't it? 2 summers ago I was just cruising through the race leather section of a shop here and they had a Teknic race suit, regularly 1300 on sale for 500, only because it was a discontinued model.

:thumbup

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Heck yea, good deals rock. I found my Dianese suit which was retailing for $1400 for sale used, but in like new condition for half the price.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK I picked it up for a total of $636.00(tax included). It's kangaroo leather so I assume this is really good stuff. Can't wait to break it in.

·
Moderator,
8,251 Posts
Uh oh! You shouldn't have gotten the kangaroo leather. I've heard that wearing it tends to make one a bit jumpy. :dowhat

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...you should like that 'roo leather, it ought to be lighter weight than the same in cow leather due to the stronger abraision resistance the 'roo leather is supposed to have = should be cooler in the summers:yes...

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought I noticed a difference in weight between the 'roo leather and cow leather. I thought I was losing my mind.

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
madkaw said:
I thought I noticed a difference in weight between the 'roo leather and cow leather. I thought I was losing my mind.
...you are loosing your mind and you don't want that, so send it to me - I'll take it off your hands and you'll be sane again:laugh...

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,857 Posts
boing boing boing boing

1 - 9 of 9 Posts