TLZone Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched high and low since I got back.

Do you think anyone in Aus. can supply me with a roll or 10 of Carbon/Carbon twill? Hell no.

Apparently it's all being horded by a fat arsed plane called an Airbus 380. The US military isn't getting out of this easy either. Can't you guys use flattened toilet paper rolls for body armour and mabey some clay and mud for bullet proofing your vehicles?

It seems they can't make enough of this horn inspiring product. WTF?
Is DuPont doing this just to **** me over or what? Surely, 1 fat **** plane and a couple of military applications can't cause such a disruption in flow.

Anyway (vent off), it may be that I have to source some from overseas and import it directly here. OK, anybody have any suppliers that have stock you can put me in contct with?

Secondly, If I'm going to ship some here, I may as well make it worthwhile. Does anyone else in Aus want to form a cartel and I can look into organising a container load.

G

·
This is a topic that wont go away, dupont or someone must step up and produce this crap faster. If the demand is so
high you would think someone would get on the ball here and fix this problem:confused

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not 100% sure on a roll price Fimp. I "was" buying at about $55AUD per metre 6 months ago, but that was the price before all this shit went down, expect it to be about double that now.
Rolls come in different sizes (25m, 50m, 100m), I was thinking about bringing in a couple of 100M rolls and on-selling it.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's scary to think how many people are going to be burned by people selling parts made out of this stuff, thinking they are buying carbon and getting f/glass. The little swatch picture looks nice, but I really need the strength of carbon for my needs.

I just can't believe how f****d up this issue of supply/demand is.

yeller_twin said:
http://www.fibreglast.com/showproducts-category-Aluminized and Specialty Fiberglass-132.html

Black fiber glass twill weave. 'bout the closest thing you will get to the real thing these days. You need either a deep wallet or a lot of patience.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts