TLZone Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey my names Willy. I have had my 01' TL1000r for 3 years now. I was completely new to these bikes when i first got mine. When i first got it, it had some issues such as the fuel pump wouldn't prime when i would start the key. It would also bog down really bad when i was at about 5500 RPMs. I changed out the ecu for it had a crack on it and it started priming the pump and i also changed the fuel filter and did the inline mod. The bike seems to be running better now. Now im in the market to do some performace mods to it. If anyone has suggestions i would be greatly appreciative of any and all suggestions.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Welcome Willy .:bigfinger
Plenty of stuff you can do ,it just depends how many $ you've got and in what order you want to do it .
Personally I'd be looking at making her work better before look better (although it's often the same thing). You will never regret making her handle better i.e. a decent rear shock etc...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I live in the Mile High State. I want want way more power. lol. Nah i just want to know what would give me more power but not for an arm and a leg. Like maybe different injectors, cams, pistons, pc etc... Im definitely a person that believes in making a bike run better before it looks good. lol.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Well I live in the Mile High State. I want want way more power. lol. Nah i just want to know what would give me more power but not for an arm and a leg. Like maybe different injectors, cams, pistons, pc etc... Im definitely a person that believes in making a bike run better before it looks good. lol.
I'd get a TRE , remove pair system, air box mod, then power commander and a dyno tune. That mile high air could benefit greatly from a good tune.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Welcome!
I lived in Denver for a year...yep, the thin air definitely costs a few HP.
Forum member "Speedking" has a shop in Ft. Collins, he can likely offer some pointers on how to best adjust for altitude.

And he'll also sell you some very tasty bits for your TLR...:devious

There's another Front Range member "Riddick", who's modded up his TLR as well. Don't recall where he's located, though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts