TLZone Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
5,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked this up for a GSXR, but the same type of adjuster was used on the Yosh TLR race bike. Two nuts and no need for shims anymore. It has a 1.0 pitch, so every rotation is a 1mm adjustment. I need to take a better look at it on the frame.

Attachments

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts
1 turn at 1mm pitch of the adjuster nut wont = a 1mm change in ride height though?

·
Super Mod,
3,568 Posts
Correct. When I removed a 4mm spacer it equaled a 1/2" drop to the rear (measured from the axle).

That adjuster is a great idea for fine tuning. The work involved to make an adjustment is the same as changing a shim but without the worry of not having the correct shim on hand.

·
Banned
5,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 turn at 1mm pitch of the adjuster nut wont = a 1mm change in ride height though?

I'm not sure what your point is? The existing shims only come in MM increments, so this is a fair comparison to make. Using Doug's math you could adjust it 1/3 rotation to get a 1mm increase. And no one has been selling .3mm shims in the motorcycle world, and its an odd ID-OD size shim to find it in the industrial world. Like Burns said, it eliminates the need for any shims selection. As far as adjustment, it might need to come with its own wrench to make adjustments easy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts