TLZone Forums banner

Installing PCIIIr

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  chucks_net 
#1 ·
Hi guys just picked up my PCIIIr any tips you can give me for installing would be great and should I leave the TRE installed.
Also just scored a set of ART cans for $180 off a new demo bike anyone tried these

#4 ·
crashtd said:
easy install...take the seat off, unplug the ecu, plug the PC inbetween the ECU and the harness. done. I located mine in the hump, it was fairly easy to mount back there, and there was plenty of cable to still reach the ECU from there.

-:banana
I think you're talking about the PCII crash...the PCIIIUSB has to tap into the TPS wire, and also connects between the injectors, the PCII just connects to the ECU :O

#6 ·
Yep, billbo has got it right:thumbup

#8 ·
crashtd said:
and that's why i usually stay out of these forums :laugh

-:banana

:lol :lol

#9 ·
lasse :bitchslap crash

#10 ·
:lol :laugh

#11 ·
What the f**k Lasse, shrimps are nasty :p

I didn´t know the pcIII had different connections, anyone with a pic?

#12 ·
Yeah I did the PCIII It goes like this...

1) Remove the seat, prop up the tank, remove the hump/ rear seat
2) Remove the airbox (lid and base)
3) Starting from the trunk feed the PC harness through the ECU compartment and under the frame to the top of the engine
4) Plug into the ECU harness
5) Plug into the injector harness by the throttle bodies
6) Route the ground wire down to the battery box and connect to the negative of the batt

To set the map:
1) Load the PC software onto your computer
2) Download the maps from the dynojet website
3) Plug your computer into the PC using a USB cable NOTE: make sure the mini USB connection on the PC is plugged in all the way. You should not see the metal on the mini USB connector when it is in all the way. Mine felt like it was in all the way and there was still just a bit of metal showing and I could not load maps -I had to push it in more -almost felt like I was going to break it.
4) Start the PC software
5) Open the map you want to load onto the PCIII
6) Start the bike -the software should now say that you are connected to the PC
8) Send the map

#13 ·
Turned out to be for a CBR 600 not for a TL he had sent the wrong one which really pisst me off. Getting the propper one today and set of free secong hand Yoshi race cans for stuff me around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.