TLZone Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just changed to two NOS Denso injectors in my TL1000S -97.
First the bike fired up great, then when I was about to test drive it engine would not fire up at all,
slight ignition coughs but no run. Not on choke either.
Started suspecting the "new" injectors and put the old functioning ones back in, same thing.

All connections look good and there´s gas gushing out from the rail when I pull them,
is there any other trick to changing these things on the TL?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
And no fault in dealer mode either.

Thought maybe air in the system after switching injectors and tried on/off
ignition/fuel pump 20 times but no luck...

Has anyone installed new or cleaned injectors?

·
Registered
1998 TLS; 2001 TLR; 200X TLRSF
4,276 Posts
Martin, the only fuse involved with the injectors is the ignition fuse (# 3 in the wiring diagram). If that fire were not working, you wouldn't get any fuel pump or ECM activity, and CHEC would be displayed in the LCD window.

An injector will not cause an error code unless there is an open circuit, a short to ground, or a defective injector coil. Otherwise, as long as the ECM can see the injector is connected, it thinks everything is fine.

When you had it running initially, did you let it warm up to operating temperature? If not, the spark plugs may have fuel fouled. Some TLs are very sensitive to this.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks Six5, and that excludes the ignition fuse since the pump is running. New plugs and I only ran it for 15 seconds but will check that. Strange thing is it sounded so great for those seconds and had good clean throttle response, then an hour later nothing.
Of course battery got tired after all the trying so have charged that, will check plugs too, but there"s nothing else you come to think of?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Martin, the only fuse involved with the injectors is the ignition fuse (# 3 in the wiring diagram). If that fire were not working, you wouldn't get any fuel pump or ECM activity, and CHEC would be displayed in the LCD window.

An injector will not cause an error code unless there is an open circuit, a short to ground, or a defective injector coil. Otherwise, as long as the ECM can see the injector is connected, it thinks everything is fine.

When you had it running initially, did you let it warm up to operating temperature? If not, the spark plugs may have fuel fouled. Some TLs are very sensitive to this.
And you were 100% right, cleaned the plugs and with a fully charged battery it fired up right away.
Then when I was driving it I discovered that the front injector is leaking like hell, but that should be the
upper o-ring so will replace that.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's good news!👍
Yes, fuel fouled plugs have frustrated many of us over the years.🥴
I found a big reseller outside of Stockholm that specializes in o-rings and
met a very nice 70 year old employee who was also an old motorbike rider.
He took me through the science of petrol proof o-rings including binding materials;
and I stepped out of there with 10 rings of two types, green and black with inner 8mm
and 2mm thick and wound up using one of the green ones. He charged me 40 SEK (halv a USD)
and one of the green ones did it, no leak now and also have the supply of o-rings for many years to come!
:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts