TLZone Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you may remember I was selected for Chief and have been doing the whole transition thing for the last six weeks. Well, it's all over. I am now AEC (AW) Sperry. My pinning was Friday night and I am so happy it's over. It's like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Unfortunately, my left knee didn't hold up and I had it scoped this morning, which is why some of this may be rambling due to the huge amounts of pain killers in my body right now. I knew my knee was going to give me problems since I have been running a lot over the last couple of years. It was worth it though since I weighed about 210ish 2 years ago and am now down to 160. So now I'm on convalescent leave for 2 weeks. At least I'll have time to catch up on the 10,000 posts I have missed... :D

Me Friday night:

·
Who loves you
3,370 Posts
I offer congrats on the pinning and tell you I have no idea what an AEC (AW) is, but it sounds impotant. Sorry to hear about your knee, but welcome back to The Zone man!

·
Premium Member
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AE is my rate or job (Aviation Electrician's Mate). The C is for Chief Petty Officer (It was AE1, with the 1 standing for Petty Officer First Class. The (AW) is my warfare designator, Aviation Warfare. Now I need to get the knee healed up so I can install my sexy clutch cover from Van.. :D

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Congrats Chief, man Chiefs look young now.:banghead

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Congrats:thumbup :banana

·
No Likey No Spiders
6,412 Posts
Congrats :cheers

Sorry about the knee, hope it gets better for ya. :thumbup

I got that good old fashioned Army knee - it comes from running on the same side of the road for 8 years. You know how roads are sloped for water run-off? Not too much lower but after a while it wears ya down in certain places. :(
I seen a few cantelope sized knees in my day as a result of it.

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
OldTLSDoug said:
Congrats Chief, man Chiefs look young now.:banghead
:yes, younger and younger every year & +1 on the congrats...Friday night (pinning ceremony was crazy) here in Japan...

·
Registered
945 Posts
Congrats man! You got a lot to be proud of. Sorry about that knee.

·
Premium Member
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys. Chiefs aren't getting younger, we are all just getting older (especially Doug). :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts