TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so today is guess what JULY 10th 2008, It was on July 10TH of 1993 that Terri and I said those marriage vows.

Ouch....

I never thought I'd forget. I never thought I would be busted for forgetting.

The wife just called and said those words

The CONVERSATION was something like this

Her "I love YOU"

ME: Yeah honey sigh, I know. yeah I love you do.

Her: "Everything alright...You seem stress.."

ME: What! Yeah.. Well... I'm always stress"

her "I just wanted to tell you how much you mean to me"

ME: "okay" yeah

Her" "Happy Anniversary"

ME: :eek:mg wait... "I'm sorry, I forgot" ..."I'm sorry," :doh "thinking... why I say that? The day's not over." :banghead

I've been running around all morning with the kids and my mom getting odds and end for Kayla's Bday party tonight. Her B-day is July 12th but we'll having it early because Terri will be in Wash D.C. for a work convention thing.

Now I'm wondering how to sorta make it up to her without it costing any money. That's not something I have right now.

The ting is she knows how much I care and she knows how I feel about wasting money I don't have on flowers that just die anyways, and she's not a materialistic person so things are not important.

It has to be an emotional thing I'm not good at emotional stuff.

No matter what, she will forgive me and not make a big deal of it.

B

·
0 Posts
Someone's sleeping in the backyard tonight.:laugh

You could always use the excuse that you remember what day your anniversary is on, but you had the actual day wrong. As in, you knew it was the 10th, but you thought today was the 9th, at least that might buy you a day.

It's been nice knowing you.:laugh

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think it's that bad. Then again, you never really know. Thanks for making me feel better.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Congrats, bro - today's our anniverary, too - only 9 years, though...

Someone's sleeping in the backyard tonight.:laugh
It's ok... who doesn't like camping!? :laugh

·
No Likey No Spiders
6,412 Posts
Del,

Plan something and plan it fast, women are like Elephants - they never forget. :doh

Schedule her a day spa or something for when she gets back from her trip and plan to kiss major ass tonight.

You say you don't like flowers so she won't be expecting that when you bring some home tonight, hint hint....................

Then cook her something she likes for dinner, if you can't cook then I hope you're good in bed. :laugh

Good luck Del - looking forward to the after action review on this one. :bounce

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't I don't like camping.

I like showers, water and soap.

Moto.

Good idea, but I get off at 11:30P.M.

When I get home, sometimes she's awake, sometimes she not.

Sometimes she's ready and willing when she's awake, sometimes she's not.

Most of the time when she is the kids spoil it for the both of us.

Last night, however. I should have known something was a mist.

·
Moderator,
8,244 Posts
Then cook her something she likes for dinner, if you can't cook then I hope you're good in bed. :laugh
Strike two - what's his third option , Ed. :lol

Buy the flowers, Del. If you think she won't like them you sorely misunderstand the workings of the feminine mind.

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey wait a minute 1crock,

"I may not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was."

Toby Keith song

·
No Likey No Spiders
6,412 Posts
Strike two - what's his third option , Ed. :lol
Oh shit he's screwed now, or is he?

Del, there's been a long kept secret that when all else fails sometimes a guy has to shed a tear so dab your finger into some dish soap before you see her tonight and rub it in your eyes, play it up really good and you might still have a chance. better yet blame the tears on an allergic reaction to the flowers and you might even get some sympathy sex out of it. :doug

At times of great peril, dignity takes a backseat. :laugh

·
Moderator,
8,244 Posts
Hey wait a minute 1crock,

"I may not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was."

Toby Keith song
:laugh:devious

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
What's her favorite treat? How about stopping on the way home and picking up a quart of ice-cream and some hot fudge sauce. Some times something simple just to show you cared enough to go out of your a little bit may be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
210 Posts
What's her favorite treat? How about stopping on the way home and picking up a quart of ice-cream and some hot fudge sauce. Some times something simple just to show you cared enough to go out of your a little bit may be greatly appreciated.
If she doesn't forgive you at least you have something to eat in the tent tonight.

·
Registered
545 Posts
+1 on that.... Try to think of something small but memorable from when you first got together... Doesn't have to be expensive but as mentioned above it shows your cared to go out of your way. :pirate

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
+1 on that.... Try to think of something small but memorable from when you first got together... Doesn't have to be expensive but as mentioned above it shows your cared to go out of your way. :pirate
I agree!

If she not home yet you still got time to come up with something!

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
Do the floweres del
women are wired differently to us.
gary chapman wrote the five languages of love. each of us communicates our love needs in one or more of the five lnguages.
read the book work out her language and be well prepared for next year too!!!!!!

BTW there is a spare room at my place if you really need it. (hee hee)

good luck stu

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
She's home, I'm at work. To be honest guys, she's not that mad at me. She's probably the most forgiving person on earth. I have nothing to worry about. I could do nothing and still be alright. All I need to do is tell her how much she means to me and problem will be solved. I have nothing to worry about.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
No wonder I'm single.

Anniversaries pfft. Although she was as bad as me for forgetting, not caring about it. One of us would remember a day or two or a week later. Rarely on the day.

Apparently you should treat them like every day is your anniversary or something :laugh

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
She's probably the most forgiving person on earth. I have nothing to worry about. I could do nothing and still be alright. All I need to do is tell her how much she means to me and problem will be solved
roll on cloning!!!

I'll have a copy for myself.

you're a lucky man del:hail

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
First mistake - apologizing and admitting your forgot. You always gotta be like "Yeah Happy Anniversary what did you forget or something?" ... otherwise, I resort to my back-up plan of having a stroke and collapsing and spending a week in hospital - that's much better for my health :yes

Truly though - neither of us are sure when we got married ... some time after Xmas it was :dowhat and there were people there. We ate dinner and drank some ...

·
Premium Member
2,526 Posts
Take a bit of time and write her a letter. That way you can document what she means to you, you don't have to stumble over the words and she can go back and read it again later. Just hand it to her and tell her you love her. Oh and no matter what she says, she would like flowers even if it's a $10 bouquet from WalMart. :laugh

1 - 20 of 30 Posts