TLZone Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll never know the story on this GSXR! The guy I bought it from called a moment ago, he got my message. I told him the bike was in the shop and that they had found the radiator to had sustained damage and unable to hold pressure and leak, and needed a new radiator.
He said he has the radiator from the bike and is shipping it to me (radiator, cap and fan). I"m just being nice, just in order to get these parts, as I don't want to have to buy 'em! SO, I'll just bide my time and wait for them. Otherwise, YOU ALL KNOW that I had the holes fixed, but the cap I have doesn't hold and think it's mainly due to the neck of the radiator being untrue/warped/bent. What a circus! lol I'll write in a couple days after putting the radiator in.
d

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I Hope it all pans out ok...Shame the guy couldnt come clean in the first instance...would have saved you some hassle and heart ache over the new bike...

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
One question...if you'd have known about the radiator would you still have bought it?

I think if that's all you find wrong with the bike then you still got a pretty darn good deal, too bad it had to be under such shady circumstances.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gixxerjasen said:
One question...if you'd have known about the radiator would you still have bought it?

Good Question Jasen! NO! When you see a bike with 1100 miles on it, one (in my case) just figures it was taken in on trade, and a pretty good deal. If he had said, it was messed up a little and a radiator was installed, but if it had worked, I'd never had known then! Its' like my TLR, would I have bought it if I knew the trans was shot, amongst other things, NO in that case too! But I have an awesome TLR now and I KNOW what's in it. IF I sell it, I know someone wil have an awesome reliable machine, and I bear a clear conscience knowing it's 'Safe". I believe nowdays, that as a motorcycle owner, Bikes are a losing proposition, but loads of fun!
dne'

1 - 4 of 4 Posts