TLZone Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All.
I have been reading alot of threads regarding the 100ohm issue with ignition locks here.
My question is if there is anyone that have managed to use a switch lock from a GSXR1000 K9.
I have a chinese one here it has a resistor inside but lacks black and white cable, i add 2 wiring diagram one of the K9 lock and one of tl1000s.
If anyone has an idea to wire this to work i be happy, my goal initially was to start up this bike before 2019 but i start to daught that i will manage:-(

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just want to add i opend the lock and the resistor is 100ohm between the red and the orange/yellow, still cant figure out how to connect this.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Just want to add i opend the lock and the resistor is 100ohm between the red and the orange/yellow, still cant figure out how to connect this.
Spaceelk, two questions:

Will the GSXR switch connector physically mate to the green TL Loom connector? Or are they a different sort?

Do you intend to retain the Anti-Theft feature of this resistor, or would you be okay with hardwiring it into the TL Loom?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi
Thanx for reply, orded a new lock today for a TL1000 so now i have one key for the saddle and hump one for the tank and one for the new lock:)
I found a 100ohm in the gsxr but desided to go for a TL lock, anyway project will continue into 2019, cant hurry projects then they go bad:)
Ah and yes the gsxr connectors dont mate, but planned to change the connector, reason for GSXR lock is it fits the top yoke for my build.

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
Hi
Thanx for reply, orded a new lock today for a TL1000 so now i have one key for the saddle and hump one for the tank and one for the new lock:)
I found a 100ohm in the gsxr but desided to go for a TL lock, anyway project will continue into 2019, cant hurry projects then they go bad:)
Ah and yes the gsxr connectors dont mate, but planned to change the connector, reason for GSXR lock is it fits the top yoke for my build.
If the key part of your old lock is still,working fine it could be swapped over to the new lock so you will only need to have one key again
I did this this when I had to replace my ignition switch.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanx for the info, but in my case i have bought one chinese tank cap for TL and one ignition lock for GSXR and one used seatlock since i started out my build with nothing.
Now when i move away from the GSXR lock i could order a full chinese set for like 30USD so might do that in the end.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts