TLZone Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Woohoo...he's finally home! Just the weekly chemo visits now (and local nurse coming to hosue for bloods!). As long as he doesn't get an infection we shouldn't have any more hospital time.

Many Thanks to those that have sent cards...he's well impressed!!

Thank you "Zone" for the support :hail:hail:)

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
What a neat idea. The Dukeclan will get on it :D

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
update? How the little guy doing?

Happy New Year

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
Del', we paid a visit the other day..................he's doing ok :) Quite full of himself really :laugh

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Sorry about not putting to many updates on but with hospital appts, work and everything else time can be of a premium.
Aaron is now having the last of the Intense chemo blocks (finishes friday). He's lost his hair for the third and final time :) He gets a weeks break then its on to maintainance chemo until sept 2011!! This is mainly by pill taken at home, with a lumbar punture once a month. Means he will be more settled and less likely to be "ill". Hard to believe its almost a year now...but he's a strong little chap, and all signs are still good :) He's even been out for a couple of short runs on the back of the trike :D
Thanks once again for all your support, the Zone as always is one big family :)

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Great news :thumbup

'Power On' young fella

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
he seemed in fine fettle at the BMF - or so says Gazza's head .... :laugh

did you get that tow a bike thingy?

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
Saw him in some of the BMF photo's and wondered how he was ... thanks for the update :)

·
Registered
992 Posts
This is why this place and ya'll continue to impress the hell out of me. I learn a bit each day how good people can be by staying on this forum and makes me want to emulate you folks. Good on ya'll and even though I'm late I will send the lil guy a card. Thanks for schoolin me every day folks. Your all the best.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Thanks for the update! Is the address at the top of the thread still good? I'm in a different city with different postcards this summer:deal

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Thanks for the update! Is the address at the top of the thread still good? I'm in a different city with different postcards this summer:deal
The addy is still the same as last year!! Thanks for the thought, he really enjoyed showing everyone the cards from around the world :)

And just for Gixxerjasen....i brought him some joke books...some may have been used on my threads :laugh

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
he seemed in fine fettle at the BMF - or so says Gazza's head .... :laugh
He's more than alright Ted. Certainly well enough to do one of those simulated sky diving rides. Jens got some vid of it somewhere, I'll get her to post it up.

did you get that tow a bike thingy?
Gotta get a towbar fitted yet mate. Cheers for the linky. :thumbup

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Hi all,
Haven't posted of here for quite a while due to other stuff going on, but a quick update on Aaron.
After over 3 years of treatment, Aaron finally finished his treatment and had his last Chemo last Friday.
Last 6 months have probably been the toughest for him due to side affects and additional complications due to the steroids he had to take (suppression of insulin production, then body over compensating causing his blood sugars to crash in a sort of temporary diabetes scenario)
Nearly lost him about a year ago when it first happened and took 45 mins in the back of the ambulance to stabalize him. Hopefully that sitution is now over as well due to not having to take them any more.
Still a few months of monitoring, checks and surgeries to go but the end is in sight.
Many thanks to all that have shown support to Aaron, Myself and Trikey :hail

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
Good to hear Mark :hail

I suppose that means he'll be back to terrorising us all next May :O

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Think most of us will be safe Mark, think Gazza should be worried though as knowing Aaron, he's been planning things to hassle him with for 2 years. :laugh

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
Thats great news Slappa, you Jen, Aaron, and the whole family must be so relieved that there is light at the end of the tunnel :)

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
I never sent those cards out. I'm rather embaress to admit but sorry we did not follow through. I'm glad he's good

21 - 40 of 42 Posts