TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Moderator,
8,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week 10 year old Aaron, the son of Mark and Jen (our very own Tankspappa and Trikey), was diagnosed with leukemia.:( Aaron faces a tough road row to hoe and it will be two years of chemotherapy for the young'un. Click here and you'll be linked to the post in the UK forum with the details.

I was thinking it might be nice and a real boost for Aaron's spirits if we would all pitch in and take a moment to send him a card. It will only cost you a few bucks and a small bit of your time, but should make a real difference for Aaron. At 10, getting cards from all over the world should make quite a positive impact on him. If you are a typical guy that has trouble doing this type of thing just show this post to your wife, girlfriend, etc. and ask her to take care of it.:devious The motherly instinct should kick in and she will take care of sending one for you. You should however, actually sign your own name on the card.:laugh If you think about it, you might even include some good jokes in the card so that Trikey can use them instead of the lame things she usually inflicts on us.:lol

Cards should be sent to:

Aaron Wells
11 Bamborough close
Southwater
Horsham
West Sussex
RH13 9XF
United kingdom

(I'll never figure out UK addresses. There's barely enough room to fit them on an envelope. :confused)

Now, quit playing on the computer and go get a card headed Aaron's way.:thumbup

·
Registered
584 Posts
Thats a wonderful idea.Anything that can cause a positive impact on the outside(a smile) will have the same impact on the inside.What will be very cool is if they are sent out a few days apart so that he will have a long wave of positive impacts coming in day after day after day.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
On it :) will get it done now :)

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
JJ and Me are going over to Marsden to pay a visit 2moro................rather tempted to take a bloody great water pistol as Aaron got me at the BMF :laugh

Perhaps just a card for now would be better :pirate

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
An Awesome idea!! gonna fetch a card later for him!! :cheers

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
great idea Crock :idea

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
:thumbup going to buy a card after work and send it out tomorrow :yes

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Well done crock! This is a wonderful idea.
I know from personal experience with my youngest Mallory that getting cards from well wishers really does cheer them up.

From all over the world in quantity will certainly have the ward all talking about it too - making Aaron feel even more special.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
If you want to send your cards directly to the hospital you can use this address.......

Aaron Wells
Elwain Ward
The Royal Marsden Hospital
Downs Road, Sutton, Surrey SM2 5PT
England
United Kingdom

I think this is what I shall do....

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Great idea. Anyone happen to know how many liberty bell "forever" stamps I need to stick on a post card to get it there? Its $0.94 for postage but I haven't a clue how much my forever stamps count for... have the post card and stamps here in the office and ready to go though:)

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
PS, I made this a sticky so it would stay at the top:)

·
Moderator,
8,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bikepilot:thumbup Good show mate! :laugh

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Thanks Jeff, much appreciated. :hail
For anyone outside the UK, it's probably better to send to the home address as (fingers, toes and everything else crossed) we should have him back home on Saturday. This is dependent on the results of his second Bone Marrow Biopsy but he seems to be reacting to treatment quite well as he's off the IV and pills are being reduced ( was starting to rattle when he walked :) ).
After this initial intensive treatment it's back to the hospital once a week for a couple of months, then 3 years of chemo in pill form, best case senario.
Thanks again everyone.
M & J

·
Moderator,
8,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:doug :banana Good news then! :banana

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Nice idea. I'll get started on it. I'll even include a small package from our hearts to your's along with some pictures. Ok maybe I'll spare you the pictures.

Mark, Is the address listed the home addy? If not could you PM me the address.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
The addy posted by 1Crock is the home addy. He's looking forward to the cards :)

Thanks everyone...i'm not stopping the jokes tho' :laugh:laugh

Trikey

·
Moderator,
8,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:doh

·
Moderator,
8,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Off to the post office for me it is. :devious