TLZone Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning biker, yesterday I came back from a bike ride and when I got to the garage I maneuvered the bike to idle and it went off, then when I turned it on it remained at idle but if I accelerated it died.

·
Registered
1998 TLS; 2001 TLR; 200X TLRSF
4,366 Posts
Marco, Inspect the vacuum hoses around the throttle bodies - especially the hose going to the Intake Air Pressure (IAP) sensor on the rear of the airbox. If that is disconnected or damaged, the symptoms you describe will occur.

Aside from that sensor, vacuum leaks in general are not good, so look at all of the hoses to be sure they are in good shape. Compare the connections to the vacuum hose diagram in the manual on page 4-25.

Let us know if you find anything, or if the behavior changes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Solved It was the battery short, would anyone have the workshop manual that they could send me ????

·
Registered
17 Posts
Marco, Inspect the vacuum hoses around the throttle bodies - especially the hose going to the Intake Air Pressure (IAP) sensor on the rear of the airbox. If that is disconnected or damaged, the symptoms you describe will occur.

Aside from that sensor, vacuum leaks in general are not good, so look at all of the hoses to be sure they are in good shape. Compare the connections to the vacuum hose diagram in the manual on page 4-25.

Let us know if you find anything, or if the behavior changes.
Your a book of knowledge Six5 👍

1 - 7 of 7 Posts