Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hay this winter im giving my baby a make over

full respray custom pearl yellow may b some airbrushing
repolishing the frame nickle plate wheels
6'in extension
shorter cans and either lowering it or puttin the tail raisers on

im wanting to put speakers and an ipod dock in the boot can anyone point me in the right direction as to which speaker to get and or wats the best way to do it

thanks guys any ideas or help is most welcome

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
i just saw in a magazine there is a amplified speaker and ipod dock in a very small tank bag now you can get.....look like a really reallly nice piece....do a search for it

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
would save you a lot of time and not have to modify you bike....might help resell value if you ever sinned and sold it

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks crazyfamiy06 but i was looking for a permanent thing coz i aint selling my baby ever

i dont mind losing the space in the boot coz id want the speakers sticking out of the hump and the ipod/iphonr dock in the boot

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
shoot a pm to redhottl, he put speakers in his tailsection :thumbup

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tlr billo iv tried to contact redhottl but no reply

under the hump crazyfamiy06 is where i ment sorry its late and im tired must not of explained it properly

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Since you are in OZ get hold of the April '08 issue of Rapid Magazine - they feature an R1 with all the mods you want, and more!! At the very least it'll give you some ideas:)

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
how about gutting the mirrors and putting speakers in there .then get plastice mirror material and drill it like aspeaker grill and put it back in.
Instant rear view speakers

·
Registered
593 Posts
never put a stereo on a bike but but i would go with a high powered head unit so a amp wont be needed to boost the sound quality or volume...should save a little weight and strain on your battery...as far as speakers, i would go with a 2 or 3 way 6 inch or 6x9 should do the trick...the 6x9 will give you a better sound but is a little bigger but both sound well with a good head unit...maybe an aftermarket stator and/or rectifier will be in order too to assist with the additional electrical load from the sound system...in any case, good luck and post some pics of that v-twin beast when your done...well thats my 2 cents hope its worth something...

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
When he says boot he means trunk. LOL.

Just wandering if you may need a bigger battery if you intend to play music stationary or even a bigger stator if you intend to play it while riding. Will the OEM stator cope with the extra demand?
Dunno about the stator and the battery, but you'll definately want to do the charging mod :yes.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks for the input guys im still lookin around to see if someone can do this mod for me

im from melbourne and not many people down here r into custom bikes sydney seems to b the place where a the custom things r done but its too far for me

its only for show wont b playin music while i ride only wen its in a show as i have a LED light kit to install and the lights go off to the bass of the music

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I like that tank bag with amplified speakers and ipod dock in it.....however I use the new Chatterbox Xbi with Bluetooth communitcation "steaming" music, phone calls, directions, from my TomTom 730Go to my Chatterbox Xbi....wirelessly to my helmet and it even streams the music to my wife's helmet....I use a 16 Gig SD Card in my TomTom 730 Go Navi System on both my TLR and my Gixxer 1100 (I move it bike to bike) that hold as much as my Ipod, thousands and thousands of song, and the Tomtom even has Tomtom Jukebox that will do playlists, sort my genre, artist, album and so forth and steams the music PLUS directions from the Navi and also the TomTom shows my incoming calls that I also have bluetooth to my helmet with the Chatterbox Xbi......and it will dial out too with a touch of a button....wife says when i call home to talk to my "girlfriend" LMAO.....the Tomtom will even control a ipod but who needs that with the 16 GB SD Card installed in her!! It is a pretty cool setup....heck the brand new Xbi 2's now will even do all this bike to bike, up to 3 bikes in use, all bluetooth for 500 yards!! That's 5 Football fields!!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah not really into a nav or bluetooth for calls

its just for shows so wen its on display music can set off my lights

1 - 17 of 17 Posts