TLZone Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
yeah i had one of those the accuracy is piss poor.

i kept trying to hit a target stapled to a couple of trees but they kept falling over.

On a serious note, if used for military or anyother defense, they might want to take the horn off.

its a bad puppy thought, but can it really fire that fast? because yeah it has a bunch of barrells but if they fire at the same time the barrel will still overheat.

I still think a m 134 would out do it, because of mobility and ammo capacity.

But if i could i would own both just to see.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was a bit dubious to ... at 1m r.p.m. thats 462 rounds each barrel per second. Had a search and theres a few sites reporting this to be accurate including Janes :dunno

Imagine a few terrorists will be heading for the hills if this goes into service.

:hail TLR's

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Yeah, their claims are pretty bogus - it can fire really quickly, but runs out of ammo really quickly and can't sustain that rate even for half a minute. Its real rate per minute would be drastically lower, but if you take its maximum instainous rate the extrapolate that out to a full minute you might get close to their claims........

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Peeps, rate of fire is how many bulltets could come out of the gun in one minute :laugh Very few weapon systems can sustain their R.O.F for the whole minute ... if your MG does 600rpm but you've only got a 30 round clip - see what I mean? Also, if you idle the bike at 1200rpm & shut it off after 10 seconds ... same thing ;)
So basically it's a gnarly shotgun :laugh I'm sure I've seen a much bigger version being tested too ...That is the Metal Storm, innit?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Those guns were on the show Firepower on the Military channel. electronically fired rail guns. They have a pistol unit that I can't wait to be developed for personal use.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts