TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so 10 out of 10 of you guessed that the TLS would get "lightly" modified in a matter on minutes after I got a hold of it. Well, er, I bought a rear shock today. I was getting a Bitubo from Herdan, who were very nice to me, but they didn't answer their goldang phone all friggin' day! I called the other business and they said they couldn't tell me any other way to contact them. I also e-mailed them and got nothing. I had talked to them yesterday and they were holding a shock and a spare sprring for me (comes with a 12.5 kg for TLS and I was going to change it to a 15 kg). So, since I am an instant gratification type, I said, ok, you had your chance and moved on. I hate to not do business with them, they seemed so nice, but I was ready to buy :banghead

I remembered the nice folks at Lindemann still sold the 800# spring for the TLS, and I called them up, they said they could probably get one by next Thursday and probably might get it drop shipped to me. $110.00. Then I hit all the Ohlins retailers and settled on Hardracing.com and picked up the Ohlins for the 98-01 TLS for $699.00. More than I wanted to spend, but I did it because it was a bird in the hand so to speak. Plus, secretly , I really never wanted to install another Bitubo.

So bottom line, I will have the TLS rear sorted in a week or so, and I have almost enough parts for the Forks, only all I have are progressive 1.0 kg springs, so they will go in along with some 7.5 wt. oil. Then I guess I might run her around the "track" little. Yes, I said it, run it around the racetrack. What else would I do after it is sorted?

I will finally find out if I am right about the best mods are the suspension mods. Since I have only slip ons, sliders and a PCII.

So, yes, I continue fighting the Mad Modder, it's in me and it's gotta come out.

Woo Hoo! Pictures when we get some!

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...the disease (I mean "force") is strong in this one:laugh...

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Its about time:)

Sounds great:thumbup

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Ok Doug, how many times did you stand in the garage with your hand on your wallet and think "Damn, I'm gonna have to eat crow if I do this" and then put it off another day? :rotfl

I knew you couldn't keep the tools and the credit card away from the TLS. You don't have the willpower. :lol

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is a friggin' disease I tell you:banghead :banghead

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
You need to get the dirt bike. This way you'll have three bikes to mod. What this means is you'll have more opportunity to mod, yet it will appear to everyone else that you aren't modding much, since they are likely to only see one bike at a time and won't notice the mods on the other bikes. Spread the disese around and it won't seem so bad, but you'll still have plenty of opportunity to satisfy the disese.

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Nice choice Doug... I have a Ohlins Schock and it work fantastic :thumbup

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
You need to get the dirt bike. This way you'll have three bikes to mod.
He is only a set of 18/21 wheels away from that with his KTM. See, having the KTM is a money saver. Two bikes for the price of one :devious

So, when does the full system go on? It has to be a bit strange, re-buying mod parts for the same bike a second time :laugh

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
Doug U old fart it was just a matter of time :lol

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
He is only a set of 18/21 wheels away from that with his KTM. See, having the KTM is a money saver. Two bikes for the price of one
hmm. I like the way he thinks. I'm sort of hunting for a good DR anyway.:devious

T

·
0 Posts
Those progressive springs you mentioned would'nt happen to be from the odds and ends I let you keep out my forks you worked on....See, they were calling from the shelf....Get me something to go into......Scott

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
tlzook said:
Those progressive springs you mentioned would'nt happen to be from the odds and ends I let you keep out my forks you worked on....See, they were calling from the shelf....Get me something to go into......Scott
Errr....ummm..........no.....I mean, yeah, they came from those old used up forks. I will probably buy a set of proper 1.0 kg springs. but may use the progressives in the "interim". Meaning if I get the Ohlins first, I will have to do somethign to the front and I haven't ordered the springs yet.:devious

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
Hmmm, so how does your sweet lady deal with all this-modding the same bike twice-disease??? Mine would boot me. LOL. :)

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Don't say "modding the SAME bike" it is fixing the rear suspension since I hurt my back over the railroad crossing:coocoo

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
WHOA!! I guess a lot has happend around here since i last visited.... Congrats on your new job.. Superdupermoderator. :) Secondly... i did not know you bought another tls to play on/with. Sooooo, i am playing catch up. Sorry to hear about your back mate. I hope it was not a bad injury and you recover fast!!! Supermoderator fast! I guess I have been out riding too much this summer.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok, I didn't really hurt my back:coocoo :coocoo It was the "excuse" to buy the Ohlins:coocoo

TLS has been around here since July 28, when I swapped my DR-Z for it, that is why I was interested in the RHA......

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Just think of the rail road track madness if the KTM were tagged:devious They have always looked like little table tops to me:rolleyes

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
Well then that explains it... July... Motogp.. and riding began.. so hence i was not around. :) Nice ride. I look forward to keeping up with your disease and the cure you find. I can tell i am gonna have to work lots of over time to keep the Mastercard in check. I just KNOW your gonna do stuff to that bike that i will want to do to mine. :banghead :banghead :banghead

1 - 20 of 25 Posts