TLZone Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK here's the deal. I won a set of forks on ebay back on December 1st from a seller in Florida and I have not received them yet(I live in Pennsylvania). I sent 2 messages to the seller asking for a tracking number. His first response was that they shipped out via UPS Ground. But he did not give me a tracking number. A few days later I kindly requested a tracking number for the second time. He said he was very sorry but he forgot to tell his fiancee to ship the forks out to me because he was out of town on business. He claims she sent them out on Friday, 12/8 but I still have not seen them. He also said he's looking for the receipt with the tracking number on it so he could give it to me. Now it's 2 days later and I still don't have a tracking number nor do I have my forks. So I sent one more message to him requesting the tracking number once again. This time I told him if I don't get a satisfactory response in 24 hours I'm filing a complaint with ebay. He has about 8 hours left before I do that.
So what's your opinion on this matter? Should I contact paypal to get my money back or should I give this guy a few more days?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think it's worth it to drive(or fly) down there just so I could break his nose. :laugh

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Hey Jeff,

Definitely sounds fishy - except that it's really only been two weeks since you won the auction. Say a couple of days of goofing off on the seller's part, probably a little procrastination too, transit time, UPS doesn't deliver on Saturdays...2 weeks gets eaten up pretty quickly.

The other thing to consider is all the Paypal hassle others have described on here. Will it really DO anything to contact Paypal??

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All I'm asking right now from this guy is to simply send me a tracking number. From what I understand I could could get my money back since I went thru paypal for my purchase. I just never had to do anything like this before.

FYI...this is EXACTLY why I hate buying and/or selling anything on ebay. Too many scams. I'd much rather deal on motorcycle forums such as this one.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
check it out. 1st off, be patient. the desired outcome is getting what you paid for or getting your cash back. drop him another line or call him or whatever you do to contact him on monday. let him know that you dont think anythings been shipped and you are going to contact paypal and ebay straight away if he doesnt give you a tracking number. if he doesnt give you a tracking number then start the claim process. it will take a few weeks but they will refund your money if you didnt receive your items. having recently been through it is why i say be patient. took about a month for my issue to be resolved.

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
+1 on the patience. its almost xmas, maybe hes unorganized, who knows. how does his fb look on ebay??

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
He's only sold 5 items, 3 of which are Honda CBR parts. Just about everything he sold was done back in September of this year. However, his FB score is 100% so I felt I had no need to worry about being scammed. I understand it's approaching X-mas so things could be hectic for him, but like I said earlier, I requested a tracking number 3 times now, and I haven't received one. He just keeps telling me they shipped. At least he's responding.:dunno Should that give me some confidence that he's on the up?

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
I would notify PayPal. They will contact him, demand a tracking number, and forward a copy of it to you. The same thing happened to me last year. I won an auction for some TLR forks. The seller kept avoiding my messages, then he said he would send the tracking number. He never did. Paypal refunded my money. :bitchslap Done!

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
He's only sold 5 items, 3 of which are Honda CBR parts. Just about everything he sold was done back in September of this year. However, his FB score is 100% so I felt I had no need to worry about being scammed. I understand it's approaching X-mas so things could be hectic for him, but like I said earlier, I requested a tracking number 3 times now, and I haven't received one. He just keeps telling me they shipped. At least he's responding.:dunno Should that give me some confidence that he's on the up?
at least he doesnt have negative feedback or none at all. i went to the posty today to ship stuff to llamacide, hossman, and icetlr and it was a zoo. as long as you dont wait past 30 days a paypal rebate is still going to happen anyway.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I paid $177.50 shipped.

I don't know where in Florida he is located but I'll try to find out. I'm a bit more relaxed about the situation because I have some alcohol in me:D and I'm pretty sure I could get my money back if this truly ends up being a scam. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and wait until maybe Tuesday or even Wednesday before I do anything.

I'm just upset because I have the F4 stripped but I can't do anymore work to it until I put the forks on it. After that I have to take it to the shop to have the frame checked and straightened. I'm anxious get started putting it back together again.

BTW, I picked up some Sharkskinz fairings, upper and lower and racing tail(all brand new) a GPR seat pad, rivet kit for fairings and EBC HH rated front brake pads for $690.00 shipped. Soon I'll be getting my hands on a set of Vortex rearsets and Fox rear shock for $530.00.

And I scored a brand new Pitbull Front Stand(the one that uses the steering head) and Rear Stand for $230.00.

Did I get some great deals so far or what?

How's the TL running Bryan?

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Merry Xmas! Jesus Jeff, any LOOT left for the kids!? :rotfl

Sounds like it's going to be a nice xmas for you! FO SHO!

Hopefully you don't get ripped on the forks!

·
Registered
47 Posts
It's running great. I was out for about 6 hours on it yesterday and I'm fixing to head out with a friend for a couple of more. So that cbr had a bent frame and did you hear anything on your forks yet?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I don't know for sure if the frame's bent but I'd say chances are pretty good that it's tweaked just a bit. My buddy who works at a local shop said you'd be amazed that guys bring bikes in to have the frames checked and find out that they're not 100% straight...and these are bikes that have never been laid down or anything!!!

No word on the forks yet but I'm going to give it 'til Tuesday to see if my forks come or if the guy sends me a tracking number. After that I'm filing a complaint and getting my money back.

The girls are getting a lot of goodies for X-mas. Trin's getting a 20" flatscreen TV, DVD player, and a V-Smile plus a bunch of other goodies. Jeez, she's not even 3 yet and she's getting her own TV!!!

Arianna's getting a nice comfy car seat and lots of learning toys.

The wife and I cheaped out on each other though. I gave her my CC to buy some outfits and she gave me some money to buy a back protector.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts