·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yami from 1975

RD350 2 smoke

fun!!! :)

you can't wipe that smile off my face, it was fun

I so don't match with the bike, i was riding and decided to stop by my friend's house.
I need some riding goggle, old school helmet and maybe a scarf :D

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
You can't beat the thrill of riding old 2 strokes:hail They feel like you are doing 100mph at 50mph when you hit that addictive power band. My mate has a mint 250LC and i'm hoping to add a suzuki RG500 Gamma in the future to keep the TLR company:devious

·
Registered
451 Posts
is that a s13 240sx in the background? with a ka24?

i used to have a s13 silvia. CA18DET ;) ill get a SR20 one day...

sorry for the off topic..

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RG500? that will be awesome, but I bet you guys are not from US, since I don't think we have them here, at least legally. :)

yeah, thats my friend's S13, its his play toy, he just started. He has a turboed (t3/t4) 1987 BMW 325i, run Megasquirt standlone fuel mangament.

and i have a S14 too

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Sounds like an awsome time:thumbup

I've never ridden a two stroke street bike, but I've countless hours on two stroke MX bikes (some of which have been plated for the street, but not really well suited for it). I do love the way a two stroke runs:drool

Less, those are some fantastic looking Kawasaki's:hail

·
Registered
676 Posts
Awesome looking bikes my friend! I need an exhaust for my old bike like the ones on that H2 is the back ground, I have a 1980 ZX1000 LTD with 13,656 miles (which is for sale cheap!).

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
those Kawi 750 are 2 stroke tripple right?
i wonder what kind of beast are they

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
This is my highly modified 1979 Suzuki GT250 X7, Looking rather dated now though:banghead The child on the tank is my eldest son. He's 21 now:eek:mg

Here i was showing my mate how to do a burnout on his 1986 Suzuki RG250 Gamma:devious Another of my 500 Gammas behind it.

And this was my last Suzuki RG500 Gamma(1989) before a woman driver hit me and wrote it off last June :rant :rant :rant

·
Registered
8,895 Posts
BikePilot said:
Less, those are some fantastic looking Kawasaki's:hail
Josh,those are US based 1972 H2's that sold on Ebay (Brian H who posts on KTW might have had something to do with them.He is a genius when it comes to restoring Triples)

Fwiw... In the pic.The Gold bike sold for $18000 USD...... The Blue bike was at $16000 USD and still rising.I don't know what it peaked at.

Here is a very early H2 looking for a home but no Title.Good solid start for someone...How much will it go for ???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/72-KAWASAKI-H2-750-TRIPLE-NICE-ORIGINAL-BIKE_W0QQitemZ330039600618

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Wow, they sure do command a lot of $$ these days. I knew they were H2's but that's about the extent of my knowledge. I bet they are a blast to ride:cool

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
Here is a few pics of my buddy's ex drag bike H2. Fast By Gast pipes and cylinders, heads done by Trinity Racing, oversize round slide dirt bike carbs. It also has a swingarm and Ceriani (remember those?) forks on it. Any quiet and EPA legal stock 600 will leave it for dead in a straight line. My how times have changed. :hail

Still fun to ride though. The powerband hits with all the subtlety of a paddle to the ass and the off kilter cackle from those pipes is positively Satanic :laugh

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
This may be a repost but thought i would put it up anyway. It is a V 48 cylinder made up of Kwak 2 stroke 125cc engines. I saw it at the classic bike show in Stafford U.K. in 2003. He fired it up (i think it had a bike engine as a starter motor) and it sounded awsome. The amount of work that went into it must have taken ages:hail .

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I had two 1975 RD 350's just like that one until about 3 years ago....... super fun.... wheelie machines!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Ahhh, I love it when threads lock onto the old Kawi triples. :yes A 100% stock blue '72 H2 was my first bike ever. Learned to ride on it... cost me $400 back in '83. I rode a fully restored one this past spring. It was a giggle although the TL is quite civilized (and faster) in comparison. What I really want now is a RZ350 (KR replica) or maybe an old race kitted RD400. (Could have purchased one for cheap out of a barn back in the 80's :banghead) Anyone got much seat time on one of these?

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
I had a friend who used to race an RZ out at Willow Springs years ago. He grafted half a TZ750 top end on it. I rode the thing down the street and almost flipped it over backwards. Sick power delivery.

The predominant track bike back then was the FZ400. I watched my buddy on the Streets course lose massive amounts of ground as he wobbled around the corners and then reel 'em in just like that down the front straight. That little buzzbomb was a scary flexy rocketship. Of course my friend's chassis setup skills probably left quite a bit to be desired too :laugh

1 - 18 of 18 Posts