TLZone Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who here knows where I can find the connectors for the gear position indicator? The male and female sides, I'm building myself a new TRE and want that OEM feel. I've searched here and on the "planet" and sent a couple emails... even spent over an hour trying to google it with no luck.

OOOOHHH can the TL masters give me a buzz on the clue phone, I'm lost?

·
Premium Member
8,251 Posts
JDS has them I do believe. Click here. Look for their kits.

·
Registered
8,899 Posts
I sent them an email... I just need the connectors though not the rest of the stuff.

You buy the base JSD kit which is around $9.95.
You can PM Jeff,he is a member here.

The other option i think for plugs only was TLR Dools here on the Zone also.

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
ya might as well get the JSD kit as the expensive part is the connectors.

Or you could just do like the rest of us have done and just do it without the connectors. Not like you need to worry about voiding the warranty.

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
you can get the super basic kit for $10 bux...

that's what I did to get the OEM connectors, pins, rubber pin seals...

there was someone who was selling just the connectors, I got two pair incase I ever got a wild hair and wanted to build a smart TRE... I think it was TLDools as well.

let me dig around in my stuff and see if I can find them...

let me know if you still need them.

I sent them an email... I just need the connectors though not the rest of the stuff.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you can get the super basic kit for $10 bux...

that's what I did to get the OEM connectors, pins, rubber pin seals...

there was someone who was selling just the connectors, I got two pair incase I ever got a wild hair and wanted to build a smart TRE... I think it was TLDools as well.

let me dig around in my stuff and see if I can find them...

let me know if you still need them.
I found someone with some just waiting and price and availability. I've decided after doing some research to build up some "smart" TREs, the ones that don't cause any issues with the idle and start up but do the job once in gear.

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
sounds good Tom... I haven't had any trouble with my "dumb" tre but I guess I'm lucky. Lots of people have starting issues if the ECU thinks they are in 6th gear all the time.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
i think also another sorce for those type of connectors would be Mouldex...i'll see if i can find the link...

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sounds good Tom... I haven't had any trouble with my "dumb" tre but I guess I'm lucky. Lots of people have starting issues if the ECU thinks they are in 6th gear all the time.
That would be the issue I'm facing. I'm a Avionics guy whos 2M solder qual'd so I can build these in my sleep... I just now actually looked into what it would take and I think I can fab up a few (about 40 or 50) and peddle them to Zone members on the REAL cheap since the Zone is where I found all the info. Just waiting on a line to some connectors, the rest is easy to find... and comes in packs of 40 or 50...:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts