TLZone Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I have a problem ...
i have mounted a full system akrapovic instead of the slipons ..

but now after some time ..i feel that the bike has lost power .....alot of power .. in the midrange area.. the pull power is totaly gone ..but on the highway after 7000 rpm ..and after 120 miles per hour.. it starts to pull like a tank ...but on normal speed ....nothing ...

the bike has not been remap and has no powercomander....but can it realy loose so much power because of the mapping ...or do i have some other problem ..please advice ....thanks ....best reguards ..bachuus denmark ..

·
Registered
199 Posts
The answer is obvious...You need to remove the Akrapovic and go back to stock. Dude, I really feel bad to have to tell you that. You seem like a nice guy, so to soften the blow, I'll take that piece-o-crap AK off your hands for say $200? I know, I know, I'm a hell of a guy!
Actually, the fact that it pulls hard on top may be evidence that it IS the mapping...

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
What year TLS or TLR? Why not change your final drive gearing so you can enjoy the new powerband???

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Just throwing this out there... i replaced my fuel filter inside the tank and didnt use fuel submersible rated line... after a while it was finicky under part to full throttle... soon hard to start... you can see where this is going... it ate the line and fuel pressure was spewing back into the tank and not going to the injectors.. replaced the crap line... 10+HP and lots of license pulling :roost .... prob not your issue but something to keep in mind. :dowhat
:jesse

·
Registered
676 Posts
:stupid
+2

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
whoa there pardners

the bike has ahd the pipes for a while and now its lost midrange power. find out why , you don't just add a pc because you think that will fix it. it just hides or adds to the problem.
put it in dealer mode and look at the codes .
run some injector cleaner thru it .
do the throttle body sync etc and by now you should know what the prob is and have sorted it.
then think about adding a PC and custom map.
btw its unlikely to be a fuel filter cos it makes power at higher revs, it obviously has enough fuel.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
:stupid

If the change did not occure as soon as you fitted the exhaust, the exhaust isn't the problem.

That said, when I fitted my full akro system I found that I needed to make significant changes to the fuel mapping to make it run well. Once re-mapped I don't think I lost power anywhere in the curve and I'm fairly sure I gained bit up top. The bike so equiped handily spanked piped and chiped Tuono's and a 998 at a dyno day:devious

There are many things that could cause your problem - your ignition components (coils, plugs, wires) could be in poor shape, your clutch could be slipping (hopefully you'd notice the rpms rising faster than the bike's speed), airfilter could be clogged, fuel filter could be clogged, etc.

I agree that its unlikely to be the fuel filter, but wouldn't totally rule it out - TL's tend to be mapped too lean in the middle and too rich on top IIRC so while not super likely, its conciveable that a partially clogged fuel filter could cause your symptoms.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts