TLZone Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got 4x4 workshop PDF manual consisting of 7 files 64.3MB total
my normal email wont send it. its just to big even indivigualy :banghead

how do i set it up to send a link for downloading ? im computer literate when it comes to this :laugh

is FTP what im talking about ? :laugh i was told i can send them this way if im set up for it :confused :O

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
You need your own webspace or a server that's conected to the internet. You FTP the file to the server.

Then a user can log in using FTP and download it. When you FTP into a server / site / directory it appears / behaves like a normal drive that's inside your machine.

·
Premium Member
7,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steve TLS said:
You need your own webspace or a server that's conected to the internet. You FTP the file to the server.

Then a user can log in using FTP and download it. When you FTP into a server / site / directory it appears / behaves like a normal drive that's inside your machine.

i think i'll stick with the beamfile programe for right now.
steve you had no problems using that beamfile? when i sent those songs a while back.

what do you have to do to recive from beamfile ? ive never recived only given.

but i'll look into it with telstra i gotta go back to the shop possably next week to pick up my car kit.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Use beamfile.

I got your files ok. It was easy from memory. I was sent a link, installed the software (after I read the TOS completely - but I still uninstalled it after I was done). Downloaded the files, job done.

Telstra isn't going to be much help.

·
SQDBIKE Admin,
5,965 Posts
you can upload them to postwhore and just give people the link to download.

FTP is easier however, but you need access to a server to do that. Simple webhosting solution should do the trick.

-:banana

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
AIM has a built-in FTP. Its quick and easy to use.

·
Premium Member
7,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its ok ive done it for now i just used BEAMFILE http://www.beamfile.com/

i'll wait until a mate can get time to help me out he's an IT for optus.net (cracking viruses or somthing along those lines ?)

this is over my head :laugh
============================================================
BUT i have another problem ive just bought a SAMSUNG SGH-A501. mobile phone.

my previous mobile was a motorolla V600.

now i have the motorolla ring tones on my PC saved. i want to load them onto the samsung how the f*#k do i do that :laugh
ive been rooting around here for the last 2hrs trying to do it.

the ring tones are MP3

1 - 9 of 9 Posts