TLZone Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Gear Position Sensor is broke since two year ago. Bike run perfect but the neutral light just work when the engine is cold on the first start in the morning. It just work for 3 or 4 minutes and later on it just remain off.

So, the fault is on the GPS ( I did lot of checks before ) and I wonder if any of you guys have a stripped or parted out engine and can sell me the GPS. Is the 3 wires model wich was introduced on the 98 TLS and ahead. I suposse TLR use the same...

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
I don't have one, but mine used to play up when the engine was warm too. 1st, 3rd gear would go open circuit and then 2nd gear. But an auto TRE solved that problem.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Yep i have got 2 jesus::)
Pm of Pic's of dented can to follow shortly as ive just remembered that i forgot to pm ya the pic's lastnight:banghead

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
That won't be a big help, but my 98 TLS has the same problem. So far I'm too lazy to change the sensor.

Greetings
Rufer

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PM replay.

Well Refer I'm too lazy also, but two year without neutral light is too much. The funny thing is the problems is just on the neutral light. It works every morning for 2 or 3 minutes and when engine warms up dissapear until next morning start up. I have fitted a home made SteveTLS Tre, and looks like the problem is just on the neutral cos in the rest of gears the bike run smooth and fine.

Anyway I think is time to fix it:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts