TLZone Forums banner
1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad had an attack yesterday around 6:00P.M. He was just telling me that he had put the windshield in his truck and it was ready for inspection. Once mom notified me I went over and tried CPR as best I could but I was not able to revive him in a short period. The ambulance people finally got here and they got a pulse but he's not breathing on his own. A cat scan will probably reveal what I already know. He was down for too long to make a recovery. I’m a realist and my mom is going ballistic. My brother is ready to shoot the DR’s, My sisters are telling me to beleive in GOD and all will be fine and I’m too torn up to focus on the problems right now. If you pray please do that because a miracle is the only thing that will bring him through. He's in the CCU at UVA.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Praying right now Dell.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I hope your dad pulls through del. I am praying for his recovery and will be thinking of you and your family...

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Sorry for the bad news Del.... My prayers will be with your Dad and all your familly... Trust on your Dad recovey and do not give away friend....

I hope the miracle begin with the new year.... be strong

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Wow man. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
So sorry to hear, Del. Never a good time for something like this...But specifically not a good time of year right now.

Thoughts and prayers for a full/speedy recovery, Del!

·
Registered
871 Posts
Del I am so sorry! You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers and I hope that miracle happens!

·
Registered
909 Posts
My thoughts going out now.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I'm praying for your Dad del. I hope he pulls through just fine.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
I said a prayer Del. FWIW I know exactly what you're going through. That's how I lost my dad (see my sig). The good thing is he's still here. There are some good Dr's these days and they can do great things. My dad was gone before they got him to the hospital. Keep your head up and remember that everyone in the family is going through this hard time. Someone needs to step up and stay strong for the rest of the family.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I will be praying for your dad.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Del,...pull yourself together, sit back and take a deep breath. Be strong for him and the rest of your family. Logical medical decisions may have to be made and one of you needs a clear head.

You did a great thing, CPR to your Dad. Even a breath or two over a few minutes time is enough... if he has a chance it is because of you!

My 2 little guys and I will have a word with god tonight before bed...

You posted, so this is obviously an outlet for you, PM me if you need advice or to talk.

-Chuck

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
thoughts with you Del.

as chucks said - good thing with the CPR - keeps the flow and O2 going around. it's all you could have done until the medics arrived.

1 - 20 of 146 Posts