TLZone Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a cool Suzuki jacket w/ armor so I must be a racer....right?:laugh

I have to admit that riding this bike in warm weather with a T-shirt was not very comfortable so I grabbed a textile jacket. I just couldn't resist going for the "look" at the same time.
Am I a squid?...for that matter, what is a squid?

Be gentle...note that I am a 43 year old that is used to a "different" type of bike and community :cheers

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
THIS, my friend, is a SQUID :laugh

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
WTF!:laugh:laugh:laugh

That's so wrong in so many ways....

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
err, riding in a proper jacket is generally a sign of some intelligence, riding in a t-shirt (or no shirt) = :squid

Now go get pants, boots, gloves etc:)

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Squirrely kid :O (often transitioning to "squished kid")

Although the guy has shoes on rather than flip flops...

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
Take a look here, to give you an idea of what kind of gear you should be wearing on a motorcycle: http://www.dainese.com/us_en/motorbike . There are other brands of course, but at least you'll get the picture.
Besides the proper gear (1 or 2 piece leathers or jacket with attachable pants, boots, gloves and dot approved helmet) get a back protector.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Squished kid makes sense...I was thinking it meant some kind of wannabe
Now I get it:coocoo

I am not new to bikes...just this type of bike. Yes, I am one of the two types of bikers...I have crashed but luckily at age 16 with no real injury. That taught me 2 things that I have passed on to my son:
1. Cars will do the absolute dumbest thing at the absolute worst time so be ready for it
2. Road rash hurts so see #1

Jeans and boots were always required but until I got on this bike a jacket didn't feel essential so in warm/hot weather I went without. I don't know if it is the riding position or the wind but I felt naked in a T-shirt now.

Whatever it is...
Here's to safer riding
:cheers

·
Registered
2,920 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
I too am 43. I have never been and never will be a squid! You only as old as you LOOK and you definately look better in "boy racer" gear, than in a t- shirt!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Nice shoes, a Katana, WTF!

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,856 Posts

Squid 101

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
The very least I'll wear on my bike - including that 10minute ride to the shops - is Dragon jeans, Gaerne M/C boots, leather jacket with back, elbow, and shoulder armour, gloves with CF knuckle and finger protection, and FULL FACED helmet. If it's out of town, and over 50kph, the dragon jeans get swapped for zipped in leather pants; or full leather suit with full armour and knee sliders. I've got friends who think I'm a poser, or dumb, especially on hot days; but sweat washes off a lot quicker than skin grows back.....

And IMHO leather offers more protection than textile; but textile is better than nothing:)

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Nice shoes, a Katana, WTF!
Those Katana's have been out for a while now - itsa de-tuned GSXR750, with cheap everything. They go for under $10 000 here brand new. Thats under $5000 of your dollars:devious

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,856 Posts
They were a GSXF here, weren't game enough to call them Katana's, we only got the 'real' Katana's :drool

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
That model in Europe is also GSX-F, in the US it's called Katana.
yep Suzuki Katana (1100cc, 1983)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts