TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The guy who is doing my building work has this Z1000.

He said it handled like a boat, and asked if I would take it out and see what I thought.

I said ok, and went out for an hour.:devil

By far the best wheelie bike I have ridden! :laugh

Oh, and the rear shock is way too soft!!

No bottom end, but as soon as you hit 8k it goes beserk!!

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
fun bike ditch the nasty quad pipes and put some nice 350mm carbons on sounds awsome :)

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
Mate, that R1 is affecting you .... The chap two doors down has got one, a mint 18mth old (4k mile) example, geared up a tooth at the rear, and I personally thought it felt flat as hell after the TL :dowhat :O

Handling was nice in a rolly, floaty, sort of way, but it was way to buzzy, bland, and soul-less for me :dowhat :confused

They do look funky though :devious :laugh :laugh

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
They are a blast to ride, but best wheelie bike? and you've ridden TL's and R1's??

·
Registered
7,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Much better to wheelie than my TL, and my R1.

No steering damper, so was easy to control with the wheel in the air.

Wonder what a Tuono is like? :devious

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
daveC said:
Wonder what a Tuono is like? :devious
damn good fun till about 120 then you have to have neck muscles like popeye mate used to have one got rid coz of that

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Im now playin with the idea of a TLR. Just miss a full faired bike at times but love the TL motor.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
tlsgreen said:
Im now playin with the idea of a TLR. Just miss a full faired bike at times but love the TL motor.
points at tl monkeys telefonica :drool

·
Registered
7,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sitting on the z1000 today at about 80, and the wind blast was no worse than any other bike I have ridden.

Took it up to 125, and nearly ripped my fookin head off! :scared

·
Registered
2,569 Posts

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
daveC said:
Sitting on the z1000 today at about 80, and the wind blast was no worse than any other bike I have ridden.

Took it up to 125, and nearly ripped my fookin head off! :scared
to be honest dave thats probably not a bad thing in the long run... the speed at which the 12 and no doubt the R1 gets up to 160/170/180 is crazy...

feckin fun though :devious

i think a tuono is the V twin i would have next... if i can tear myself away from the 12..... :wheelie :devious

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Best wheelie bike? I seem to remember reading a dozen places that the best wheelie bike ever...used often by stunters...was the Kawasaki ZX9R. I guess it would stand that the Z1000 would be a damn good wheelie bike considering it's pedigree.

Takes your head off at 125: Sounds like you should gear it for a top speed of 120 since you don't need to go any faster than that for your heads sake or your licence. Then it should be a hell of a wheelie machine. :devious So much for the licence. :rotfl

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Cosmetic enhancements eg GSXR tail would look good, trick bits like gear indicator or just billy_tlr's I love that bike.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts