TLZone Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... for the missus. Its about time I bought her a toy for a change. :laugh

Its a 1985 BMW 318i. Its in pretty good nick for a 20 year old car, and is perfect mechanically, especially for a $2,000 AUD car.

It arrived from interstate via truck this morning, and I had to go and check it out at lunchtime. Ended up driving it back and leaving the Liana at the depot. I'll be surprising the missus after work by picking her up in the Bemmer.

The wife has always wanted a BMW and can't drive our manual car yet ...

... so its auto and good little run around. It even has a car phone which still works. :laugh I'm organising local plates for it, registration and insurance tomorrow. :thumbup

Now I have an excuse to be tinkering in the garage, without upsetting the missus :devious

See my cunning plan? :devious

:devious

:lol

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I've always had a soft spot for that shape beemer

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
Nice cage Ruby but U know U can buy sheaper toys for the misses right :devious

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tl1000lasse said:
Nice cage Ruby but U know U can buy sheaper toys for the misses right :devious
How much I can spend (money and time) on my toys is directly proportional to how much time and money I spend on her toys. :devious :laugh

crashtd said:
is that other car a clio?

-:banana
Nope.

Its a 2004 model Suzuki Liana. Not sure what they'd call it in other countries.

A good car actually, and a punchy engine for a 1.8 litre.

:thumbup

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
too awesome! The 318 is the best E30 varient out there minus the M3! Best suspension, almost as much power as the 326, lightest car, most advanced engine...etc. Just awesome cars. Good find for $2k if she's as nice as described.

www.bimmerforums.com

W

·
0 Posts
i think the suzuki liana is top gear's 'reasonably priced car' in which they let the stars race :)

that beemer is cool :thumbup i would really like the touring version of that model, and of course with a 2.5 straight six :devious

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ah, so you'd want the 325i then? :devious (still got ya Porsche?)

Had a look at one of those. A 1983 325i was my first choice, but the lady selling gave the wrong answers (if at all) when I asked some particular questions.

So I went for the 318i, which IMO looks better.

It has a few minor dents and scratches on her, but she's excellent mechanically, and I'll be sorting out the body work bit by bit in the coming months. I'm looking for some mags too!

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just got a dizzy cap and rotor priced at Repco (auto parts store). $119.95 for the rotor and $59 for the dizzy cap! :eek:mg

Then I went to a BMW workshop and they quoted me $80 for both. :confused I thought the dealer would be ****ing me over, not the discount auto parts store?! :confused

Might also have a nice set of rims and tyres coming for it too. Oh, god, I've started already :banghead ... someone stop me!

:laugh

W

·
0 Posts
yup still got the porsche, it ain't going nowhere ;)

dizzy caps and rotors for our car are unobtainium! , so your 80 bucks sounds very good :)

·
Premium Member
7,285 Posts
Ruby said:
... for the missus. Its about time I bought her a toy for a change. :laugh

Its a 1985 BMW 318i. Its in pretty good nick for a 20 year old car, and is perfect mechanically, especially for a $2,000 AUD car.

It arrived from interstate via truck this morning, and I had to go and check it out at lunchtime. Ended up driving it back and leaving the Liana at the depot. I'll be surprising the missus after work by picking her up in the Bemmer.

The wife has always wanted a BMW and can't drive our manual car yet ...

... so its auto and good little run around. It even has a car phone which still works. :laugh I'm organising local plates for it, registration and insurance tomorrow. :thumbup

Now I have an excuse to be tinkering in the garage, without upsetting the missus :devious

See my cunning plan? :devious

:lol

Ruby you know the beemer will need a good hard drive up to murray bridge & back :devious
:O any excuse for a drink mate :laugh
just tell the missus it needs to clear the cob webs out :laugh

1 - 12 of 12 Posts