TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, I got my motor installed after a nighnmare of an ordeal wit ha shady mechanic that wouldnt return my bike. I finaly got it back after him having it for two weeks.
- he put the motor in but its not wired, The radiator is off, exhaust and chain are also off the bike. I am going to try to get it all buttoned up on my own. I could used some help from you guys.
Does anyone have a wiring diagram or a listing of the different wire colors and the sensors that they go to.
-any tips, pics of the wires properly routed, or tips of anykind wopuld be awesome.
thanks

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
I think chucks_net or some such has the service manual available for download.

·
14,150 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok.... found it, about ot start downloading the manual.

·
Moderator,
2,701 Posts
Just a heads up, the temp sensor and the sensor in the airbox are identical , so if you turn the switch on and the motor fires with a really slow temp reading switch them, youll be getting a temp reading from the airbox.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for that tip. I think that I read that somewhere on this sight that there were two I dentical plugs. Ill check the manual for the wire colors so that I get it right the first time.

·
Moderator,
2,701 Posts
id just start pluging everything up. Temp sensor and Injectors are the only 2 things with same plugs. What you might want to look at is the wiring harness route diagrams.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Make sure you route the wiring harnass on the left side above the water and air hoses.

·
Registered
258 Posts
The ECU goes under the seat:laugh :laugh :laugh
....On a serious note though, i'd go through and cut/solder any suss connetions as you go, could save headaches in the future.. as we all know, the TL factory wiring leaves much to be desired:)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, I found it. Section 8-19 20 21. Great diagrams of the engine wiring. I am going to tackle it after I get out of class today.

·
14,150 Posts
R if I remember correctly

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
gixxerjasen said:
R if I remember correctly
Youre correct. It is an R model
*update* After a few hours of work ( mostly just staring and my head), I have most of the harness plugged in. The wires for the fuel tank are not hooked up and the coils arent either. I have to review my plus mod wiring diagram. I am missing one hose that goes from the radiator to the oil filter housing. I am about to go out and do some more work on it.
--oh, I think I might be missing my negative battery cable. Does it unplug from the wirirng harness via a connector. i cant think of why it wouldnt be there.
ok- Im going to get back to work on it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just finished working on the bike for the night.
-the wiring harness is completely hooked up.( accept for the starter lead wire. Cant find it.) All I need is a negative terminal for the battery. I might have to make my own wire.
-radiator is mounted as well as most of the coolant lines.( I am missing the hose from the water pump to the radiator.
-I was about to connect the clutch release cylinder but I am missing the spacer and dowel pin.
It is very frustrating that I didnt get all of my parts back from this shady mechanic.

Anyway- tomarrow I will route the vacuum lines, add fluids, replace a fuel line and rad. hose, install the tank and hopefully...fire the motor.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sooooo... I am having trouble recovering my old parts from the shady mechanic tht put my motor in.
--Is there any reason why I can't
-Make my own radiator hose from the auto parts store ( water pump to radiator)?
-Make my own starter lead wire from the starter relay to the starter?

also. My negative ground terminal from the factory is missing. Cant I just use my ground wires from my (-) mod to ground the battery?

One more Q. The guys still has my collector pip from the M4 system but my head pipes are on the bike. Can I test fire my motor for a few seconds or will I risk any valve damage from lack of back pressure?

thanks

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
it'll be fine to start her up.... just bloody loud:devious :laugh

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok. just got home from work and about to start on the bike. Tonight the engine will fire!!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Finally!!!!! I got my motor started up for the first time in month. I only let it run for minute because it is out of adjustment but I did reve the motor and it sounds very strong. I will button up the rest tomarrow. I need to put the chain on. bleed the cooling system, and clean up some wirirng. My +- mod looks like a birds nest.

Thanks to all of you guys that replied to my thread.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
:bounce :banana :bounce

:bash the mechanic....

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
richara3 said:
:bounce :banana :bounce

:bash the mechanic....
He actually came over last night to drop off a radiator hase that I had been bugging him for. I think he feels bad about how everything happened.
- he is going to give me a set of blue and white plastics and gas tank for 200.

-Also... I had to bleed the clutch release cylinder. I used dot 3 instead of dot 4. Should I drain that stuff out of is it not a big deal?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts