TLZone Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking a corner at @20-25 MPH and the ass end slid out from under me! Thankfully I only have a bit of road rash, but the bike's clutch handle broke off along with the shift lever. The bike won't start even with the clutch lever pushing the plunger in to activate it. Any ideas as to why my bike won't start other than it now hates me for reason or another? I guess I'm now a "have" and am no longer a "will" rider!

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...if your after stock replacement bits, PM Rifleman - he does refurb work on 'em...(he'll be back from a trip in ~8 days though)...check your TOS = tip over sensor, its by the rear of the tank...

·
Registered
183 Posts
congrats on getting it out of your system. Glad yo didnt get hurt.

As far as why the bikes not starting, Is it turning over or absolutely nothing?

It could be alot of things when a bike takes a fall even at slow speeds its still 400lbs falling down and can cause alot of things.

There are alot of knowledgable guys on there that will help you out. Im somewhat of a mechanical moron.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Tip Over Sensor :yes

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Or in gear and the kickstand switch not working, is kill switch on :coocoo If it won't turnover it isn't the TOS, most likely kill/clutch/sidestand interlock issues. If fuel pump won't run, TOS

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
Sometimes you can just take a screwdriver handle and tap it. If that doesn't work, pull it from the bike, open it up and center the sensor inside. Then put the plate back on and re-mount it. That should do it.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Take the Tip Over Sensor off and shake it around gently until you can hear the metal sliding around inside, that should do the trick and I'm betting that is the problem. Good luck!

·
Moderator,
2,701 Posts
Or in gear and the kickstand switch not working, is kill switch on :coocoo If it won't turnover it isn't the TOS, most likely kill/clutch/sidestand interlock issues. If fuel pump won't run, TOS
Doug I thought the same thing, but actually had my TOS go bad and the bike wouldnt start either.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys. I'm glad I printed a copy of the service manual before the website went down and never came back. It'll come in handy again!

·
Registered
11 Posts
had a similar issue with a braken clutch lever when my tie down let loose
coming home from a track day i replaced it with an aftermarket part which
reqired sqeezing the living daylights out of it to actuate the cancel switch
replaced with factory and all"s well maybe u just cant get enough push
on the plunger w/o a stock lever?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What caused it, if I may ask? Bad tarmac, gravel, oil/diesel, cold tires..?
Bad/cold tire. There was nothing NOTHING on the road. I was pretty pissed about it. Back end just broke loose and left me laying on the ground.

On the bright side, I have replaced the clutch lever and it started right up. Now getting the foot peg off to replace the gear shifter was a whole nother problem! I finally got that apart using a vice, a hammer and a little blood. I think I got lucky with my bike; I have read a bunch of horror so=tories on here about them, but mine seems to be a trooper. It;ll throw me a little problem here and there, but always comes back. I hate my rear tire, but I love my bike!

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
what kinda tires you running my man? glad it got sorted quickly for you. and dont worry we have all been there im sure :thumbup

·
Registered
400 Posts
Pilot Powers baby! You'll be hooked up brother. Also you should let the tires get warmed up before you perform such high speed manuvers.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts