TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm done for a while guys.

Time to part the bike what's left. I might sale whole once I observe the damage.

When it rains it pours. It seems I continue to be blessed with bad karma, bad luck, or what ever you wish to call it. I know no-one believes me but I was not moving fast. I
stayed conscious through the entire accident. I slid off the road, through the gravel and smack the guardrail with my name on it. I suffered a fractured pelvis. I would provide pics but trust me you really don't want to see. I am already making strides in my recovery. I have learned new ways to accomplish the simplest things. Chairs need to have at least two pillows in them, in order for me to sit down.

:cheers

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
:doh that sucks dell. Heal up quickly:thumbup Being able to move at all with a fractured pelvis is amazing, that's a major injury! Hope the roadrash isn't too bad.

best of luck

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope no roadrash, just a fracture pelvis very painful.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Well that's good on the rash, but I can only imagine how much a fractured pelvis would hurt:scared Do you think it fractured when you hit the guardrail?

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Definitely, that's what did it. I smacked the guardrail flipped over it and landed between the guardrail and a wooden fence on a down hill embankment. I pulled my self back up to the bike which was wedge under the guardrail. By the time the medics got there I had already realized I broke something.

Dad and my bother and law will be picking up the lump today and I plan to tear it apart.

No fixing. Sell whole or part no exceptions. Still a clear title. Single accident. Not sure why I wrecked, gravel in the road, panic, just not sure.
I was in the hospital for two days, almost three.

Went in Sat evening, admitted to a rm at about 11:30P.M. Sun order to the bed and thought I could come home but no they kept me another day. Monday rolled around and I told them that morning no exceptions I’m going home today. I don’t care what they say. I came home yesterday evening. The Dr’s. wanted me to stay until I had a bowel movement (number 2). I decline and came home. Once Home I did my bowel movement. I knew it was sociological. I have a problem using public restrooms if they are not clean. I have a follow up visit Friday.

If the fracture does not separate I will not need surgery but if it does I'll be going back in for plates and screws. I don't plan for that to occur.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Friggin Hell Del, hope you have a speedy recovery sir. Any details about the crash. Fook me that sucks:O

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
I don't think I want to imagine what a fractured pelvis "feels" like :( Hope you heal soon....................

·
Registered
909 Posts
Best wishes there, hope you get better soon.

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Damn dude, that sucks. Good luck with the pelvis. Did they say how long till it heals? Did you have to go through any surgury?

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
SHIT THE BED Del :eek:mg (sorry a northern saying meaning blood hell)
hope ya heal soon mate :) glad you are "ok" i dont envy you one little bit,no comfort i know and im sure you of all people know it .......................................................but it could have been ALOT worse.
Dave :)

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
That's crazy dell. Glad you were able to come home pretty quickly. Take it real easy so you don't have to get any pins or screws. You'll be back up and having fun before ya know it. Let me know if I can help with anything.

take care,

Josh

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Surgery is questionable right now. I hope it heals on it's own I’m going to give it several weeks to see what happens. The only details I have is what I posted it was a sharp left hand turn. I came into the turn a little wide but saw through the corner, unfortunately, the bike went off the road and into the gravel. At this point, it was target fixation, brakes were worthless and the guardrail blow up in my head. I could not see anyway by it. I knew I was going to smack it. I fought hard to lean and turn but it was a no go.

Yeah it could have been worst I'm up and about limping dragging my right leg but feel everything. The rail had mercy on me I think.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Jesus Del, this sucks man. sorry about your broken ass and the bike. Do be careful not to move to much to worsen the fracture. the surgery is pretty major and can lay you out for a while.

good luck on the speedy recovery and dont worry with selling the bike so soon, the vultures will be here when you are ready.

·
Who loves you
3,370 Posts
Damn Del, I am truely sorry to hear it man. Trust me, I have dropped my share of TL's :laugh . Lucky I never broke anything I guess, But I know what you mean about not really knowing what caused the fall. It just happens...

I hope you heal without surgery. I feel for your old lady, she is gonna get nailed good when you are able again I am sure! Because it could be awhile and we all know how it builds up in you!

I also hope you stick around here. How long are you out of work?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Sorry to hear that Del. This just isn't your month. First, the cop wanting to impound your bike incident, and now this.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Aww man that really sucks! Take care of yourself and get well soon. Best wishes. :thumbup

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
For now, two weeks, but I think it will be longer.

Thanks Dave. I already told her that a BJ is still possible :laugh

My fingers can do the walking, nothing wrong with my tongue but we can't move much moving is painful.

She just smiled and said right...

I can type though, so I'm sure work will figure a way to make me come in if they can.

Work is not going well and this may be what I/they needed to end the relationship.

I have heard from a few co-workers but not management.

Madkaw you can say that again.

I just dropped a cup of piss on the bathroom floor. The wife is going to be upset at me. It splashed on the wall a bit and most of it landed in a magazine racks. I guess we will be throwing all those away.

It's a bit hard to maneuver with a walker, very hard to wipe the butt. I have one of those handicapped high stools that helps get to the como but it’s still painful.

Terri would do it for me though if I needed her to. She’s a special woman.

Beth get’s to see me lounge around in my briefs and boxers again. She would also do anything (except sex) for me.

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Wow, maybe you'd have been better off if the cop had indeed impounded the bike. :O

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
i got you something special del

hope you get better soon

1 - 20 of 72 Posts