TLZone Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok this is what happend.. i bought a 2002 escallade that has the works.. supercharger stage 2 and wheeels and rims and suspension and body kit.. etc.. anyway the supercharger had a loud whining noise to it so i called the manufacturer and they said that the barings need to be replaced.. so i called this one guy that i delt with before and asked if he can do it? sure he siad and came and picked the truck .. comes back today with a bill of 1800 dollars i said what the hell i can get it fully and profetionaly rebuil;t for 345 including shipping the blow back and fforth.. he started stutering so i turned the truck on the blower is totaly quite. i i popped the hood and saw that the disconnected it.. when i asked why did he do that? his answer was .. the motor has more power then u need so u dont need the blower so we disconnected it.. i told him he has 3 minutes to get his shit and leave and i aint paying for shit.. thats when he started talkin shit and puched me back on the truck.. tso i clocked him in the face and broke his nose.. everyone at work said that i over reacted and that i should have pushed him back but not punsh him.. but **** him i dont feel sorry..what u guys think?:confused

Ash

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
What the **** kind of mechanic is that? You shouldn't have punched him, shoulda called the cops as he was clearly trying to rip you off and steal from you. But punching him probably felt better.

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Wow ash, you may have been in the right really but the law is not on your side my friend. If they get all of those ticket incidents looked at in court you could be labeled. Get to the court house and file an assault charge on him before he does you. This way you where there first hopefully reporting the incident. It will look more favorable to the guy whom files first, then get a restraining order against him detailing the incidents.

Claim self defense.

He might try to slap a mechanic's lein on your truck for the money he says you owe him.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
+1 Yeah buddy file first. Self defense -he pushed you violently into a corner and punching him was your only way out.

No over reaction there... I don't know how you held back from stomping on him a few times.

File fraud charges too... at least conspiracy to commit fraud...

You need a third un-related party to kick the shit out of the guy (wish I was closer :laugh) I'm not one for violence but from what you stated above he is a shitbag.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
I wouldn't have punched him, but I wouldn't have had him working on my stuff in the first place. Take it as a sign to start doing you own repairs:thumbup Other than myself there's only one shop I trust in NoVA - they are awsome but a bit pricy.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Ash get the Fu*k off the internet and file charges before he does!! Claim self defense and get witnesses!!! He assaulted u first!!other than that..super chargers normally have a whine to them due to them being belt driven..what kinda blower is it..the only way u can undo them is to put another belt on that is the proper length and remove the adaptor pullie off the motor.and truck should run like shit with out it cause the super charger should cover the intake either driectly over the intake manifold or off to the side with a long intake pipe running to it.all in all a bad move send me a pm if u need anymore help!!

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
sounds like a shady shitbag that needed a good stomping. But where are the pics? :O i wanna see the blower and the escallade

·
No Likey No Spiders
6,412 Posts
You did right in my book. :thumbup

The very second after some asshole puts their hands on me he will be met with me trying to cave his face in.:yes
It's called self defense and is your right by law to defend yourself.
Would be hard to stop with just one volley though.

And yes, go file charges NOW if you haven't already.

·
Premium Member
7,287 Posts
obviously you did'nt hit him hard enough :O he got back up :laugh
+1 on the nose job :thumbup
now cover your ass before shit hits the fan.

·
Registered
689 Posts
So I'm assuming we'll all see you in the UFC championship right?

·
Registered
767 Posts
Wow ash, you may have been in the right really but the law is not on your side my friend. If they get all of those ticket incidents looked at in court you could be labeled. Get to the court house and file an assault charge on him before he does you. This way you where there first hopefully reporting the incident. It will look more favorable to the guy whom files first, then get a restraining order against him detailing the incidents.

Claim self defense.

He might try to slap a mechanic's lein on your truck for the money he says you owe him.
Yep.

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
I probably would have punched him too for putting his hands on me. Self-defense right? I know the bigger person would have probably done something else, but I ain't that civilized yet. :rant If you have witnesses, they can collaborate that he assaulted you first.

By the way, since when does it cost $1,800 to disconnect a supercharger?:confused

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Also take a picure of what he did to your SUV and get whoever that fixes it (best if its a licensed shop) to write a statement on how the super charger was disconnected etc etc so it matchs ur story!!

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thnkas for the support guys.. he called the cops and i was in cuffs for about 10 minutes.. i told the officer to check the cameras and they did and it showed him talking shit and pushing me first then it should me clockin the shit outa that ****hole.. so they uncuffed me and told him the if he presses charges (which he can) i will press charges too and the cop said that it was clearly self deffence.. so they toook a copy of the tape and he said if anything happend to call him.

the blower is a stage 2 Eaton side mount..

i listed the truck for sale on ebay here are some pics item number:270068651833

Ash

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Jeez ... sounds like the guy was Japanese :laugh

+1 for doing the right thing & an amaing response from the cops ...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts