TLZone Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the Island

Had a great day but hot as buggary. Didn't do the very last session as I was too stuffed.

There was one lonely TLR ther 2000 yellow in the slow group.

Anyone from here?

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Man your keen on a day like today... but i am jelous

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts
It would have been a few degrees cooler there than here I guess. (1st time at the island on the GSXR1k?)

Ha, welcome to my world. I've skipped the last session before. The TLR might have been Gary? (Hart) :dunno

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It would have been a few degrees cooler there than here I guess. (1st time at the island on the GSXR1k?)

Ha, welcome to my world. I've skipped the last session before. The TLR might have been Gary? (Hart) :dunno

Wind was coming from the north so I bet it wasn't much cooler. The temp said 36 in the car when I left.
I ran out of puff, didn't want to bin it on the last session so parked it early.
Yep first track day on the GSXR1k. Had a blast.
Next time I'm going to go in the medium fast group, given its been 9 years since I've done the Island I thought I'd start off in the medium slow (second from the bottom).
By the 3rd session I had my eye in and it seemed slow.

Great day though.

PS
TLRLee's fairings are jinxed.
One of the tie downs snapped not 2klms from home. It rubbed on the side of the trailer. The bike layed over in the trailer :bawling
The enertia from the loaded suspension meant it tipped over. Luckily no damage to the bike, but now I'm going to learn how to do fibreglass repairs. It broke in the same spot that Lee broke. Lee's gixxer also fell over in the trailer :banghead
I guess Steve you will pass if I offered them up to lend:laugh
pics to come
:cheers

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts
I guess Steve you will pass if I offered them up to lend:laugh
pics to come
:cheers
I'd probably break the trailer jinx for them. (and turn it into a track jinx) :banghead

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pics are a bit grainy. I'm going to buy the original high resolution shots but I'm having trouble with my card (might have something to do with all the money I've spent recently)

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts
Very good :thumbup

There was a Red TLS out there in your group too. '98, bolt on cans, smoked sceen.

And I spy a Red TLR too (in your group), 1st noticed him on page 5.

:bitchslap One lonely TLR. :laugh

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very good :thumbup

There was a Red TLS out there in your group too. '98, bolt on cans, smoked sceen.

And I spy a Red TLR too (in your group), 1st noticed him on page 5.

:bitchslap Only lonely TLR. :laugh
The bikes I noticed in my group were the couple that went passed me and I tried to hook on to the back of them to watch their lines. Sitting in the chair watching the other groups I only noticed the yellow 2000 TLR
Besides only the yellow TLRs ever counted in IMHO Steve :whipping Matt
:laugh :laugh

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts
I was trying to think of some technical term for the blindness suffered by current and past yellow TLR owners.

aurigeminmyopia :)

auri - gemin - myopia :laugh

·
Registered
353 Posts
Doh!!! That sux about the trailer Matt! bike looks good on the track though mate. I'm SOOO jelous of you guys getting to ride PI. I'm so sick of Queensland paperclip way :(

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Take the trip, like I do, and join us in March for a PI track day! :devious

1 - 12 of 12 Posts