TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No s**t. I talked to and drove and rode in a car called the Kawasawki ZX9R CAR. (Google it) And he is gonna help me do one with my TL 1000 motor with the VEE-TWO cams and the forged J& E pistons Check out this site to see what I mean. ( I had a serious accident in 2003 and can't risk the ride after 12 operations and an MRSA infection) (I would lose both legs. so I get to keep TL 1000 S and make it corner at about 1.7 G's
Wayne
Links
http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2007/04/26/kawasaki-zx9r-open-wheel-street-racer/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywgf8btIn68
might even try the turbo thing
Wayne
Kooldaddy
Nashville

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
Interesting video, Good luck with your project

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
that exposed flywheel which i assume is an attempt at reverse is an engineering disaster. :no the use of the zx front light is very cool :thumbup

interesting stuff

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,415 Posts
The TL engine is not well suited to sideways G forces, oil starvation is a big problem. Quite a few people tried them in grass track cars and were forever blowing them up, in the end they nearly all went down the RSV Dry Sump route.....

Just something to know and be aware of :thumbup

·
Registered
334 Posts
i'd drive it ! :thumbup

·
Registered
22 Posts
What about a 'busa motor? I understand you already have the tlr motor but if it has oiling problems it won't last long.

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
don't use the V2 cams for this project they won't have the right charactersitics (too peaky) but good luck otherwise. look forward to seeing the outcome.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well about the v2 cams.....

I am adding a belt driven centrifical supercharger with a liquid to air intercooler and secondary shower injectors with water injection and shave the tops of the J&E forged pistons. It oughta sound pretty kool. I got some yosh ti multicolor cands that are on the original bike. I will photo everything and keep you postede as work progresses, looks like a spring start date (2001).
Wayne

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok so I dry sump the motor not the first one I have done. A Cosworth/Hart bda and several race bikes. An oil tank and a couple of scavenge pumps and some early suzuki upskirt oil squirting. all possible. and I tig weld lots of alluminum stuff from time to time.
wayne

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that exposed flywheel which i assume is an attempt at reverse is an engineering disaster. :no the use of the zx front light is very cool :thumbup

interesting stuff
The reverse gear has been working since 2006 and I drove it yesterday and it works fine thank you. It uses a high torque gear reduction starter off a race car. Oh and by the way honda has used this approach on al their aspencades and large bikes for about ohh... 15 years.
Wayne

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Shrek,
Did you look at the car I was refering to? it has TWO seats and 4 wheels. dry sumping the engine shouldn't be that difficult, lotsa nascar stuff out there and I should only need a 3 stage pump into the de-aerator and then run AN fittings back into the main pump.
2.g lateral accel will be like sliding front and rear on a 2 wheeler.
gonna try it.
Thanks
Wayne

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
ya shrek! TWO seats and FOUR wheels! got it?! :laugh

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,415 Posts
and shave the tops of the J&E forged pistons.
If you're doing that just buy the flat top Wiseco pistons. They are advertised as 12:1 but are infact 11.43:1 when measured, unfortunately they can't be dished to drop the compression further and the short cam chains stop any significant spacers been used under the barrels :devious

Good luck :thumbup

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh and on the oil starvation thingy, I will use the output shaft (sprocket shaft) to mount the u-joint and drive shaft. lateral acceleration would be fore and aft, this is a position the motor is quite used to. It's not gonna be a live axle chain type drive.

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
:cheers

1 - 20 of 35 Posts